Those that pray ... (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But the idea is the existence of that someone. Interaction with that someone, whether real or imagined is an act, not an idea. It might point to that idea, but that doesn't mean it's an ideology on it's own.
And idea and an ideology are not the same thing.
The very act of praying to a god is a significant part of an ideology.
There is no praying without an ideology.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And idea and an ideology are not the same thing.
The very act of praying to a god is a significant part of an ideology.
There is no praying without an ideology.
But again, the act isn't necessarily the ideology. It may point it it, but it's not on it's own. A lot of people talk to themselves. I know I do on occasion. I sometimes verbalize what I'm thinking in a way to try to figure something out. It seems to work sometimes. It's not indicative of any sort of ideology, but rather a way to process thinking.

I get it, but it's not one and the same, imo.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
you're standing in front of me - i ask you for a dollar
i then turn and stare into the void and ask _______ for a dollar
you're telling me that those are the same thing because they both involve the asking
i can't believe you believe that is correct
Why wouldn't it be the same thing? Talking, communicating, and even praying isn't always necessarily a two way street. It certainly usually is, but not always.

That said, we're going in circles now, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Ultimately, I dont think ideology is relevant to the OP, which was really my whole point.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be the same thing? Talking, communicating, and even praying isn't always necessarily a two way street. It certainly usually is, but not always.

That said, we're going in circles now, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Ultimately, I dont think ideology is relevant to the OP, which was really my whole point.
practice is not the same as gameday
rehearsal is not the same as performance
prayer is not the same as communication/(dialogue)

we keep going in circles bc i feel you said something illogical and i'm asking you to explain the logic
and it IS relevant to the OP if your point is not logical

and actually i think the point is that we were 25 pages into a mostly interesting discussion and the somebody gets in their feels on page 24 of a discussion board complaining that we are discussing things - and then tries to gaslight the whole discussion
i think THAT is more the point than clarifying terms

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
practice is not the same as gameday
rehearsal is not the same as performance
prayer is not the same as communication/(dialogue)

we keep going in circles bc i feel you said something illogical and i'm asking you to explain the logic
and it IS relevant to the OP if your point is not logical

and actually i think the point is that we were 25 pages into a mostly interesting discussion and the somebody gets in their feels on page 24 of a discussion board complaining that we are discussing things - and then tries to gaslight the whole discussion
i think THAT is more the point than clarifying terms
Well, it seems logical to me. I get it, but don't agree. I wasn't even thinking about the gaslighting thing, but whatever, I even said carry on after my first post addressing it. It's mostly been a sidetrack as we're completely ignoring the OP's original question. So, :shrug: is all I got at this point.

Reaction score
... and say you will pray for someone, do you actually DO it? I do but not always and feel like a fraud because I don't know what to say to God. I don't know why I always feel disingenuous though I feel like a genuine person.

Well, what about shooting straight? Lately, my prayers have been like, this world is crazy Lord, what is going on here? Anyone relate to this? lol

OP
Madmarsha

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, what about shooting straight? Lately, my prayers have been like, this world is crazy Lord, what is going on here? Anyone relate to this? lol
lol, yeah. I pray for like a way for us to talk because we'll never all agree. I don't have to agree with everything a person says to love or respect them. Man, I can even talk to guido and find some things we agree on. Amirite, guido?

OP
Madmarsha

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope this will be my last post on this subject. This is my open invitation for any person on here. If you want to hear more about asking God to forgive you and are ready to accept Jesus into your heart DM me and we can chat.
I totes would but I've already done that. I remember where and all but not sure exactly when. It's been more than 10 years ago, though, when my mom was still alive and just thinking about it now, I can't believe I never talked to her about it. I wish I would have.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
To answer the OP, because I realize I haven't, I never agree to pray for someone when asked because I don't like being disingenuous and I don't pray. In some ways I appreciate people who do because it shows they care about the outcome, but I try to express my empathy directly to the person so they know I care.

Sometimes, in group text situations, when others say they are sending prayers when asked, I have a tendency to feel somewhat bad I can't deliver the same, but I never lie and say I will even if that would just be easier.

OP
Madmarsha

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To answer the OP, because I realize I haven't, I never agree to pray for someone when asked because I don't like being disingenuous and I don't pray. In some ways I appreciate people who do because it shows they care about the outcome, but I try to express my empathy directly to the person so they know I care.

Sometimes, in group text situations, when others say they are sending prayers when asked, I have a tendency to feel somewhat bad I can't deliver the same, but I never lie and say I will even if that would just be easier.
Totes respect that. And honestly that's sort of the impetus of my question in the first place. Everyone always says they'll pray and I mostly just say, Sending thoughts, or something like that because sometimes I know I won't even know WHAT to pray for.

Reaction score
lol, yeah. I pray for like a way for us to talk because we'll never all agree. I don't have to agree with everything a person says to love or respect them. Man, I can even talk to guido and find some things we agree on. Amirite, guido?

You have agreed with gudio? lol. I need proof.

Well, I think it's good to find common ground, why argue all the time? I'm pretty sure everyone on EE thinks Nirvana is the best band now. lol. It only took like 4 threads.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have agreed with gudio? lol. I need proof.

Well, I think it's good to find common ground, why argue all the time? I'm pretty sure everyone on EE thinks Nirvana is the best band now. lol. It only took like 4 threads.

Well, hopefully it doesn't take 3 more threads for all of this to sink in. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom