My annual Memorial Day thread (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
... and say you will pray for someone, do you actually DO it? I do but not always and feel like a fraud because I don't know what to say to God. I don't know why I always feel disingenuous though I feel like a genuine person.

I don’t pray much in general. But I was raised in the church and I know how (is there a right or wrong way? I don’t think there is). Even if I don’t for my own life, anytime someone asks for prayers, I always pause and say a little but genuine prayer for them. I’m not really sure if it helps but I’d be a jerk if someone in need asked me to pray for them and I didn’t because I didn’t think it mattered . . . what if it would have?

I think it’s the thought that counts. As long as you mean it, God doesn’t mind how you say it. And if there’s no God, no one is hearing you anyway.

People wishing well for someone else (whether through prayer or just thinking about them) could never be a bad thing.

I’m not religious, and still believe in the power of prayer.

I think just asking for prayers helps. Let’s not ruin it.

Prayer is so important. Communication is key in a relationship. Tell me a close relationship that has no communication? Prayer is talking to God. It's all about praying in faith, honestly, and humbly. If you don't want to talk to God, than don't pray. If you want a relationship with God, than pray. God already knows what your gonna say and what's on your heart, so pray with fear to our mighty God. Just remember HE loves you. God bless!

Life can be rough for an agnostic like myself. At least Christians, Atheists, and other religions are convinced where they are going after death (or not going for Atheists).
That said, I have always agreed with an old quote and a relatively new song lyric.

There are no atheists in foxholes.
- quote origin uncertain

And on my deathbed I will pray to the gods and the angels,
Like a pagan to anyone who will take me to heaven
- Like a Stone. Audioslave

Just pretend you did. I'm telling, he won't know the difference. :100:

Don't follow Atheists with "and other religions."

There are, confirming their bias.
I actually considered the "and other religions" after I posted. I have a couple of atheists friends that hate the word religion associated with their belief, which makes sense. I got busy and didn't edit it. I stand by my agreement with the quotes though.

What is your opinion on unspoken prayer requests? My wife’s Facebook page has a lot of those.
I’m not religious, but I can’t imagine praying for someone to get whatever their desired outcome is when they won’t share what it is.
They might be hoping for bad things.
Seems weird to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom