Though this could get some blood boiling...ESPN QB RANKINGS (1 Viewer)

Drew Brees is playing at a "Chuck Norris" beast level, along with Peyton Manning. Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Tony Romo are playing at a regular "Man" beast level. These are my rankings, which are just as credible as some morons on ESPN.com. What makes my rating better is that my opinion is on the much more credible Saintsreport.com. ESPN aint got poopy on this!

I don't see how you can put Romo so high after only 5 starts. What has he really done? He comes in in the second half of the Giants game and throws 3 picks. Against Carolina that was more of Carolina falling apart than the Cowboys really doing anything. He beat Arizona and Tampa Bay and we all know those teams are powerhouses. Now the Indianapolis game was impressive, I'll give him that but Indianapolis's defense isn't that great. I think he's a pretty good QB but I want to see him do it over a longer period of time.

I wouldn't say that Drew "hasn't struggled at all." What about the Bengals game? I don't care how many completions and yards a QB throws, you CAN'T drive all the way down field to get into the red zone and throw INT's in the end zone.

Other than that, I do think that #6 is pretty low for the completions and yardage leader. Not to mention the fact that he is leading a team from worst to first (at least at this point).

So true. Good thing he has a short memory though huh?

my other gripe, even though i am a broncos fan also and think he will do great. But how do you put jay cutler on that list at all, i mean i know hes low but how can you judge player by how good he is if he hasnt played, he should be last or not on at all until he proves otherwise. For all they know he could come out and throw 8 ints his first game

I don't see how you can put Romo so high after only 5 starts. What has he really done? He comes in in the second half of the Giants game and throws 3 picks. Against Carolina that was more of Carolina falling apart than the Cowboys really doing anything. He beat Arizona and Tampa Bay and we all know those teams are powerhouses. Now the Indianapolis game was impressive, I'll give him that but Indianapolis's defense isn't that great. I think he's a pretty good QB but I want to see him do it over a longer period of time.

ALso wait till he is going up against a good defense.....

Parcells is not quite high on Romo...just yet , said so himself!!!!

SO lets wait and see!!! when he starts screwing up..then all the romo bandwagoners will tslk negative... that goes the same for some so called "true saints fan".

It's the Cowboy media bias... I'm certain that if the Saints had Romo and the 'Boys had Brees, those rankings were be flip-flopped.

I liked the comment next to Romo where it said he shredded a "proud" Bucs defense for 5 TDs... NEWS FLASH! the once "proud" Bucs D is now a total joke! The only thing they have is Barber, and he can't do it all. Plus, 3 of Romo's TD passes were for 5 yds or less.

The fan poll is much more respectable than the writer's rankings. Quite a few head-scratchers in his.

T.O. will destroy any QB's confidence. It's just a matter of time.

Brady is way too high. He has NOT played that well this season. He's being rated on his past performance.

Brees should be #3 or #4 and he is definitely #1 in the NFC.

Pro Bowl starter.

:fumecigar:

oh no they di-int.

Really tho, i do think thats outta line. Should be no worse than 3rd IMO. It's the production, stupid... not to mention the way he avoids trends for defenses to key on by spreading the ball around so much.

these here are the rankings that matter, not the opinions of espn or steve young or whoever:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2006/regular

especially since brees has played all 11 games this season

Except that is sorted by yards passing. Here are the same stats sorted by passer rating. I think this is more indictative of Brees' ability. Romo's numbers are impressive but as others have posted -- its only in 5 games.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg0" align="left"><td class="bg0" colspan="10">NFL Passer Rating</td></tr> <tr class="bg1" align="center"><td>Rank</td><td>Player</td><td>Team</td><td>Yds</td><td>Att</td><td>Cmp</td><td>TDs</td><td>Ints</td><td>Long</td><td>Rating</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">1</td><td align="left">Tony Romo</td><td align="center">DAL</td><td>1656</td><td>180</td><td>125</td><td>13</td><td>5</td><td>53</td><td>110.8</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">2</td><td align="left">Peyton Manning</td><td align="center">IND</td><td>2964</td><td>379</td><td>244</td><td>21</td><td>6</td><td>51</td><td>100.2</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">3</td><td align="left">Carson Palmer</td><td align="center">CIN</td><td>2868</td><td>354</td><td>228</td><td>21</td><td>8</td><td>74</td><td>99.9</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">4</td><td align="left">Drew Brees</td><td align="center">NO</td><td>3463</td><td>413</td><td>275</td><td>19</td><td>10</td><td>86</td><td>97.8</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">5</td><td align="left">Damon Huard</td><td align="center">KC</td><td>1824</td><td>241</td><td>146</td><td>11</td><td>1</td><td>78</td><td>97.6</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">6</td><td align="left">Donovan McNabb</td><td align="center">PHI</td><td>2647</td><td>316</td><td>180</td><td>18</td><td>6</td><td>87</td><td>95.5</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">7</td><td align="left">Philip Rivers</td><td align="center">SD</td><td>2440</td><td>331</td><td>215</td><td>15</td><td>6</td><td>57</td><td>94.5</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">8</td><td align="left">Marc Bulger</td><td align="center">STL</td><td>2858</td><td>398</td><td>254</td><td>14</td><td>4</td><td>67</td><td>92.7</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">9</td><td align="left">David Carr</td><td align="center">HOU</td><td>2219</td><td>339</td><td>237</td><td>10</td><td>7</td><td>53</td><td>88.8</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">10</td><td align="left">Tom Brady</td><td align="center">NE</td><td>2565</td><td>367</td><td>221</td><td>20</td><td>11</td><td>54</td><td>87.1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Here is how the fans there see it.

Attachments

• FANQBRANKS.gif
    FANQBRANKS.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom