Thoughts about the upcoming season, and other things (semi-long) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'll start off by saying that I feel like a spoiled brat.

Start with Drew Brees, who is arguably the best (or certainly ONE OF THE BEST) QB's to ever play in the NFL. Even at his age, his accuracy, performance and leadership on the field makes our team a notch above most of the competition. Yet, we sometimes yawn. How many of us remember way back when... our QB's were ones who had already seen their better days: Richard Todd, Jim Everett, and even Ken Stabler. Not knocking them, because even they had their moments in the Black and Gold... but none were able to put up the consistent numbers like our #9. Yet again, we yawn... and have a woe-is-me attitude because we were jilted in the NFCCG.

Yes... it happened. I don't know if any of you have seen the recent commercial for UnTuckit shirts, but it closes out with Drew Brees strolling down the walkway saying: "At least somebody made the right call." Watch this:

Our leader, Drew Brees, showed throught that ad that his attitude is not stuck in the past. He has a sense of humor, and he has (no doubt) moved on.

That's what we, as the WhoDat Nation need to do.

Look up and down our roster. There are some spots where we have the best player in the NFL:

K: Wil Lutz
P: Thomas Morstead
QB: ...OK, I'm biased
RB: Alvin Kamara
RCB: Marshon Lattimore
LDE: Cameron Jordan
WR: Michael Thomas
RT: Ryan Ramczyk

Not only that, but the depth at most of our positions could be starters on many other teams.

Yet, some of us still yawn...

In another thread that asked fellow WhoDats if their attitude is slowly coming back, many said: NO.

What?

When I exclaim "What?", I'm speaking to myself as well.

Here we have an NFL franchise where the owner lost her spouse a year ago, yet she is wheeling and dealing and affirming that she wants the Saints and the Pelicans to be the best in their sport... bar none! The Saints' offseason moves have been deemed among the best by any of the 32 teams. This, despite the fact that Max Unger retired, and we lost Mark Ingram to free agency.

Yet, we still yawn.

Some of us are bemoaning the fact that we don't have a first round draft pick. Uhhh... with a healthy Marcus Davenport, that #1 pick is already on the roster, ready to be unleashed as a terror on opposing offenses!

Yet, we still yawn, and have a pity party... and talk about how the Zebras are against us and that Goodell hates the Saints, and yada, yada, yada... :blabla:

The 2019 season looks to be as promising to the New Orleans Saints as it is to any other team (if not more so). Our track record with Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA's) has to be among the best in the NFL during the Payton years. With the quality that is on the boards in 2019, it should actually be FUN trying to figure out which player might have a shot at cracking our final 53 (or, at least making it on the Practice Squad). Drew hasn't hung up the cleats, and even without having added a draft pick... our roster is loaded and has quality depth.

I no longer give a rat's arse on the ref's, or Goodell, or what the talking heads have to say. The only thing that matters to me is what's going on with the Black and Gold.

If to no one else, this post is for me to read back to myself (as a Saints fan). For that reason, I'm going to shake myself, and start working up some excitement if I have to.

WHO DAT!!!!!

:gosaints:

I’m glad you’re excited. Good for you. The Saints are an exciting team, offensive juggernaut, outstanding head coach.
I can’t speak for others, so this comes from me: the NFL is a broken and rigged system that I now hold in regard with the same level of honesty as professional wrestling. All the things you mentioned the Saints having, they did have last year. None of it means anything when the powers that be decide things in advance.
Will I still watch? Maybe occasionally, but they can’t put the genie back in the bottle. I don’t believe them anymore. I won’t invest serious or significant time in nonsense. This is more about me taking control for myself. Everyone else is perfectly fine believing, forgiving, accepting as they want. It’s lifetime ban for me.

Will I still watch? Maybe occasionally, but they can’t put the genie back in the bottle. I don’t believe them anymore. I won’t invest serious or significant time in nonsense. This is more about me taking control for myself. Everyone else is perfectly fine believing, forgiving, accepting as they want. It’s lifetime ban for me.

Wish I had your principles and resolve to give the NFL the death sentence, but I know better than to try giving up the Saints. I've been a Saints junkie for many years, so I'm not even going to try. I won't have any trouble tuning out other non-Saints related games, NFLN, etc, and I will.

I’m glad you’re excited. Good for you. The Saints are an exciting team, offensive juggernaut, outstanding head coach.
I can’t speak for others, so this comes from me: the NFL is a broken and rigged system that I now hold in regard with the same level of honesty as professional wrestling. All the things you mentioned the Saints having, they did have last year. None of it means anything when the powers that be decide things in advance.
yea we can only hope the NFL is on board with giving Brees a proper send off and allow them to win. otherwise they better be up by 21 with 2 min left to remove the option of yellow flags

To my fellow WhoDat Season Ticket holders, I have no criticisim of you if you are indifferent, cynical, or non-interested.

Someone has to walk in your shoes in order to have the right to cast a stone your way.

I'll start off by saying that I feel like a spoiled brat.

Start with Drew Brees, who is arguably the best (or certainly ONE OF THE BEST) QB's to ever play in the NFL. Even at his age, his accuracy, performance and leadership on the field makes our team a notch above most of the competition. Yet, we sometimes yawn. How many of us remember way back when... our QB's were ones who had already seen their better days: Richard Todd, Jim Everett, and even Ken Stabler. Not knocking them, because even they had their moments in the Black and Gold... but none were able to put up the consistent numbers like our #9. Yet again, we yawn... and have a woe-is-me attitude because we were jilted in the NFCCG.

Yes... it happened. I don't know if any of you have seen the recent commercial for UnTuckit shirts, but it closes out with Drew Brees strolling down the walkway saying: "At least somebody made the right call." Watch this:

Our leader, Drew Brees, showed throught that ad that his attitude is not stuck in the past. He has a sense of humor, and he has (no doubt) moved on.

That's what we, as the WhoDat Nation need to do.

Look up and down our roster. There are some spots where we have the best player in the NFL:

K: Wil Lutz
P: Thomas Morstead
QB: ...OK, I'm biased
RB: Alvin Kamara
RCB: Marshon Lattimore
LDE: Cameron Jordan
WR: Michael Thomas
RT: Ryan Ramczyk

Not only that, but the depth at most of our positions could be starters on many other teams.

Yet, some of us still yawn...

In another thread that asked fellow WhoDats if their attitude is slowly coming back, many said: NO.

What?

When I exclaim "What?", I'm speaking to myself as well.

Here we have an NFL franchise where the owner lost her spouse a year ago, yet she is wheeling and dealing and affirming that she wants the Saints and the Pelicans to be the best in their sport... bar none! The Saints' offseason moves have been deemed among the best by any of the 32 teams. This, despite the fact that Max Unger retired, and we lost Mark Ingram to free agency.

Yet, we still yawn.

Some of us are bemoaning the fact that we don't have a first round draft pick. Uhhh... with a healthy Marcus Davenport, that #1 pick is already on the roster, ready to be unleashed as a terror on opposing offenses!

Yet, we still yawn, and have a pity party... and talk about how the Zebras are against us and that Goodell hates the Saints, and yada, yada, yada... :blabla:

The 2019 season looks to be as promising to the New Orleans Saints as it is to any other team (if not more so). Our track record with Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA's) has to be among the best in the NFL during the Payton years. With the quality that is on the boards in 2019, it should actually be FUN trying to figure out which player might have a shot at cracking our final 53 (or, at least making it on the Practice Squad). Drew hasn't hung up the cleats, and even without having added a draft pick... our roster is loaded and has quality depth.

I no longer give a rat's arse on the ref's, or Goodell, or what the talking heads have to say. The only thing that matters to me is what's going on with the Black and Gold.

If to no one else, this post is for me to read back to myself (as a Saints fan). For that reason, I'm going to shake myself, and start working up some excitement if I have to.

WHO DAT!!!!!

Nice post a good attitude to have getting ready for another great season of Saints football. Last year was horrible but it is what it is and I don't blame anyone for never forgetting and or forgiving the NFL for whatever reason including the obvious.

Life is short(you learn that once you hit a certain age) and this time in Saints football isn't going to last forever but that doesn't mean it will just go into a dark place because of what happened last year. I am just enjoying the coach we have the QB we have and this team as it is and has been because it will change and what we see now will be awesome fond memories that we look back on(just like the 2009 team has become) as some of the best Saints team in our history. We have seen history rewritten with Payton and Brees lead Saints teams. I think we are in for another good year in our quest for another championship. I mean third time's a charm right.

I was able to move on pretty quickly after “Meaningless Miracle in Minnesota” because it was just bad luck and a fluke play at the worst possible time. It totally sucked, but it was what it was...

The end of that NFCCG was totally different. It was outright cheating. The NFL allowed it to happen, and allowed it to stand. Whether or not “they wanted” the Rams in the SB or not doesn’t matter... They allowed a game-deciding and egregious error to determine a conference championship... Goodell is a gutless coward and a crook.

I will follow the Saints through this site. I’m not giving anything to the NFL. I will never buy another NFL licensed article of clothing, hat, or accessory. I know the truth now.. it’s a business and it’s all about the money, not the game. The machine has killed the game.

I just hope that at some point between now and when the season starts that I am able to conjure up some semblance of excitement or optimism but to be honest right now I could not care less about the NFL. I still love my Saints but it ends right there.
I used to watch the NFLN daily and every Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night game just because it was NFL football but after what happened to end our season the bottom can totally drop out from under their ratings as far as I'm concerned!!
It will be a cold day in hell the day that I support the NFL again as long as Roger Goodell is commissioner. I will never again buy anything with the seal of the NFL brand on it nor will I ever accept anything as a gift with the NFL logo on it.
I taught my kids from a very early age not to use four letter words in not only an obscene manner but the words "can't and hate" as well.
With that said I can't even express how much I hate Roger Goodell. It may be immature and childish of me to feel that way and if anyone doesn't like it then they can get out of my fort!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom