Thoughts around the league? (1 Viewer)

bgizle

waazup's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just bored, but I had a few quick thoughts on other teams around the league. I know it's only week 2, but just wanted to get others' input on it. I know we're amazing, so I won't touch the Saints.

Looks like the Giants will be there towards the end of the year as expected. The Cowboys won't...as expected. The Redskins were a lot of peoples' "sleeper" but I think they won't make the playoffs. I think the Eagles might be there, not 100% sure yet. They're too talented not to win 9 games.

In the West the Cards looked hot Sunday, but not sure if they'll win the division. The 49ers look good, Singletary is an awesome coach and I think they'll get that division with 9 wins. The Rams and Seahawks are struggling. Thought Hasselback would rebound this year, but it doesn't look good in Seattle.

Lions will win a game, but not many. The Bears will be 8-8, the Packers should win 9 games or more, depends if their Defense will step up. The Vikings look good. They should win that division easily, I think.

In the South the we should win, though the Falcons look good. We should be able to dominate their D, though I don't think we can cover Gonzalez with any of our LBs, Vilma included. Bucs are gonna be bad all year, and the Panthers are finally being exposed. They weren't great last year, and will be less than .500 this year.

That's just my quick take on the NFC anyway. Like I said, I'm bored, it's 3am, and felt like going on a rant. :no:

As competitive as our division has been lately, I'm happy not to be as worried about the Bucs and Panthers this year. Of course, the Falcons have always been enemy numero uno in my book. That will be the case this year. I'll give them the wildcard. Oh, and not that I have ever cared, but for some reason I'm happy to see 49ers having success.

My power rankings:

1. Saints
2. Ravens
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Vikings
6. Jets
7. Colts
8. Steelers
9. 49ers
10. Titans

Seahawks are struggling

1-1... they look pretty damn good. Thats the only part you messed up on. Also, lets go to the Panthers. Great coaching staff, Dangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Steve Smith and Mushin Muhammed, and a top 15 def. All that combined, and the fact they played 2 really tough teams to start with....they will definatly be a factor my friend, dont forget.....WE CANT BEAT THEM! hahaha

My power rankings:

1. Saints
2. Ravens
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Vikings
6. Jets
7. Colts
8. Steelers
9. 49ers
10. Titans

viking almost lost to the Lions, Colts only have 1 game under thier belt and they won by 2 points to a team that is 0-2. Steelers just lost to the bears, and the titans lost to the texans...

1-1... they look pretty damn good. Thats the only part you messed up on. Also, lets go to the Panthers. Great coaching staff, Dangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Steve Smith and Mushin Muhammed, and a top 15 def. All that combined, and the fact they played 2 really tough teams to start with....they will definatly be a factor my friend, dont forget.....WE CANT BEAT THEM! hahaha

Actually, I believe the consensus is that the defense has been playing poor. I have not seen the game to verify, but if this is true, then the Panthers have serious problems. They rely on their D.

They rely on thier run game, and steve smith. Thier D is good, not great, but it has really shown some flaws the last 2 games. I am just saying, becareful with them, they are really sneaky, and when Jake D gets his mojo back, he will be looking for wins.

I agree with you that they aren't the same old Panthers of the past, but you have to agree they have PLENTY of weapons bud.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - rep :angryrazz:

I've got a friend who is a fan. He has stayed loyal through the tough times. So, it is just some understanding sort of thing. God knows us Saints fans can sympathize with that, right?

I just think with their offseason personnel problems the Panthers Defense will fall out of the top 20. If it hangs around there, it will be purely due to Peppers. Their running game is crazy, but they probably lost their best O lineman. Putting 8 in the box, Delhomme isn't going to beat anyone.

I hope the Seahawks do something this year, but T.J hasn't been earning his money from what I hear, though Jones had a big game in week 1. Their Defense is decent, but Hasselback looks to miss some games soon and I don't think Seneca will win them any. That whole division is a toss up, so you never really know.

I've got a friend who is a fan. He has stayed loyal through the tough times. So, it is just some understanding sort of thing. God knows us Saints fans can sympathize with that, right?

I'm wondering just how old you are? Lord Have Mercy...:jpshakehead:

I mean really. Begging for 69'er "understanding" on a Saints board??? Man oh man. :flush:

They rely on thier run game, and steve smith. Thier D is good, not great, but it has really shown some flaws the last 2 games. I am just saying, becareful with them, they are really sneaky, and when Jake D gets his mojo back, he will be looking for wins.

I agree with you that they aren't the same old Panthers of the past, but you have to agree they have PLENTY of weapons bud.

Agreed. Although I believe the running game is lacking of late also. I think we agree unanimously, I do worry about any Fox team, but I think this Fox team is playing to their weaknesses.

AFC thoughts...

Bills look better than last year, but not a division threat, imo. The Dolphins look like they can't repeat last year's effort.The Patroits don't look good at all. Against the Bills their Oline looked at best, average, and their Defense might be worse. Tom Brady will be Tom Brady, but they'll put something together. The Jets look good, but don't see them winning the division. I know, call me crazy, but I have a gut feeling.

Chiefs are going to struggle, Raiders won't be horrible, won't be better than .500. Broncos are 2-0 somehow, but I think the Chargers should win this division pretty easily.

Bengals might hover around 8-8, but won't make the playoffs. The Browns look bad, The Steelers are the Steelers, and the Ravens will get into the playoffs. And to be honest, I see the Ravens going deep in the playoffs. Still got that Defense, and Flacco is playing great.

Jags don't look good, The Texans might get the wildcard, gotta D up. The Colts will do what they always do with Peyton. And the Titans are going to be 8-8 or worse. Always hated the Titans' players, they all seem to have a 'me first' attitude.

I remember Chris Johnson crying last year publicly about not getting rookie of the year, and White crying about not getting playing time. Then I saw an interview on Rome is Burning with Lendale White, and when Rome asked "What do you see for the Titans in 2009?" White answered "Getting another 1000 yards me and CJ, doing it big, GO TROJANS" or something along those lines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom