Thoughts on Copper? (1 Viewer)

Time to be made a model of. Cut him tomorrow because of the fumbles. Make the statement, if you can't hold onto the ball, you won't be here.

funny thing is...when he fumbled today the bengals did nothing after that and had to punt.

the only mistakes he has done was the drop/fumble in the steelers game.

A model of inconsistency. The thing I love most about Colston, is he's so reliable. I nearly bashed my head in the wall when he went down. I cringe when copper gets the ball.

Time to be made a model of. Cut him tomorrow because of the fumbles. Make the statement, if you can't hold onto the ball, you won't be here.

Exactly...

bye.jpg

for the Love of Henderson... copper is on par with him, actualy Copper makes more catches.
the 2 fumbles by copper that has everyone want his head on a platter. THe defender actually made a great play putting a helmet on the ball...

Maybe, just maybe they we can start doing that ourselves.

I think Copper has tons of potential. Give him time. Two games isn't enough to make a judgement, and outside of those two fumbles (which is one less than Brees had today alone), he's been impressive.

Copper and Henderson are playing to their wrap. In Dallas Copper had the same love hate problem ... great speed but too inconsistent and fumbles. Henderson inconsistent receiver and he was like that at LSU. He'll make some great catches then drop easy ones.

Without Colston the talent at receiver on the saints drops to below average.
Anyone know where Pathon is right now? At least he was reliable.

Other than two fumbles, I like Copper more this year than I liked Stallworth last year. Copper can catch. I think he is worth hanging on to as a low paid #4 WR. It is unrealistic to start a guy like him in a big game and cut him because of mixed results in two games where he scored. He has shown me as much or more than Reggie Bush on the field.

Extremely well rounded elite speed deep threats are very rare and expensive. We already have a lot invested in a good all around receiver in horn and will invest a lot in a big physical receiver in colston. We cannot bring in Galloway too. But, not having deep threats would make our offense easier to cover. So, we have Copper and Henderson. I can live with their wraps as long as they work on them.

What? Stallworth was our ONLY offensive bright spot last year. Terrance Dropper has wet the bed twice now in consecutive weeks.

well, Copper has a gift of speed and getting separation from DBs is definitely his specialty... he was one of the nation's leaders in receptions his senior season at East Carolina and holds the record for single season receptions there (maybe even career receptions) due to his ability to separate. If he could just hold on to the ball we might
just have ourselves another Marques Colston, lol...

We did not lose the game due to the Copper fumble. In fact the Bengals did not get a point off that turnover. We lost because we got "cute" in the red zone rather than playing physical with Deuce. He was mauling them for 4-7 yards bursts. Why walk away from such a successful strategy?????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom