Thoughts on Copper? (1 Viewer)

yeah my opinion is he has hands of stone. can't hold onto the ****ing ball to save his life.

Hands of stones mean you can't catch, not have "fubleitis"

I think people who wants to bench him are far too critical of him. He obviously can get open and he can catch. Fumbles can work itself out. Unfortunately, the fumbles are especially killing the Saints,....not that fumbles can ever be fortunate.

Copper could very well be a solid- superstar if given a chance.

he is a good reciever, not a #1 or #2 but is a very servicable reciever, played good the last 2 games, just needs to protect the ball.

That particular play was a bad formation period. No fullback or H-back to block at the point of attack. I doubt if LT would have been able to score from that formation.

Agreed. Duece HAS to run behind Karney in that situation. Although I'm not sure it would have helped, they totally sold out on both plays, assuming we were too spooked to pass, and they won the battle up front both times.

if we get down, then I think the pass-happy offense will be back.

If we give up a FG with 9:13 left to go in the first quarter on the opening possession of the game, Sean Payton will go all "abandon ship!" on us and catch the virus...

That particular play was a bad formation period. No fullback or H-back to block at the point of attack. I doubt if LT would have been able to score from that formation.

I'm not throwing the blame on Deuce. When I talk about Deuce being unable to perform I'm talking about the run game in general. The Bungles completely shut us down when they expected run.

Copper should be bagging groceries somewhere. He is killing us.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!

I really try not to get involved with calling a player awful, horrible, terrible etc..
because the reality is they're playing in the NFL.. capeche' ?? But then you have
Copper.. last week vs. Pitt the 3 drops before the major one with 47 ticks left
on the clock sealed my lack of faith in this guy.. and this week, yeah he caught
a score but at the same time had the dropsies once again.. It's times like this
that I REEEEEEEEALLY wish the Saints woulda' held onto Mike Haas... True Haas
is no burner but he "NEVER" drops the ball.. there's instinct and there's talent to
be developed, and while Copper MAY have the talent to be developed Haas is
a true WR that DOES NOT DROP THE BALL!!.. But, all for not, he's a Bear and
Copper is a Saint, and that's the way it goes.. but if there was one goof that I
wish Coach "P" coulda' taken back and made the right move with, would be to
have Haas instead of Copper.. I'm not sold on Copper one single bit & basically
go into "cringe mode" everytime I see that guy on the field.. Harsh ?? perhaps,
but I can't help but think where the Saints might be if they had a guy making
precise routes and key grabs when they needed them the most.. Just my .02

PS- that had been on my mind all day today at work, and as I got home and came
here to SR.com that was all I really wanted to say.. & again, it's nothing personal
towards Copper, I just call it how "I" (as I'd bet also a majority of you) see it.

Aloha'

NWSaint.

Copper is only playing because of injuries and his play on the special teams.
The coach has a history with him in Dallas as well.

Copper is no worse or better then Devery. They are both inconsistent fillers at WR.

But thats about what you can expect as a number 3 reciever. Cutting Copper would be dumb. Luckily none of you get that decision to make.

Copper and Devery are both shaky. They scare the daylights outta me whenever the ball goes their way. They are very dangerous receivers --- both to us and to the other team. Given my 'druthers we wouldn't see either one of them on the field outside of 3- or 4-wide packages where they get limited looks but a few chances at big plays.

On the flipside, I'm loving that our young players (including Bush) are getting good game reps right now. This will pay huge dividends as our window for a Super Bowl opens up. So if Copper and Devery have the wherewithal to clean up their games, we'll have some big-time weapons on our hands.

Copper is no worse or better then Devery. They are both inconsistent fillers at WR...

...yet we threw the ball to them so often, and people here are okay with that.

Baffles the mind.:dunno:

i may get blasted for this but i would keep Copper before Henderson. yea copper has had two fumbles the last two weeks but it aint like no one else is turning the ball over. Henderson seems like he cant take a hit and cant make a clean catch most of the time. only thing copper dont have is hendersons speed. i just always get nervous each time they throw to henderson, i never know if he will catch it. i know a lot of people like the LSU boy but the guy needs to toughen up and hold onto the ball.

i may get blasted for this but i would keep Copper before Henderson. yea copper has had two fumbles the last two weeks but it aint like no one else is turning the ball over. Henderson seems like he cant take a hit and cant make a clean catch most of the time. only thing copper dont have is hendersons speed. i just always get nervous each time they throw to henderson, i never know if he will catch it. i know a lot of people like the LSU boy but the guy needs to toughen up and hold onto the ball.

Hey Stunner, nice Colston custom, I must have missed when you first posted about the new custom, great work as usual.

i think brees and copper were equal in turnovers against pittsburgh.
i think brees had 2 more turnovers against cincinnatti than copper. in fact, brees had 2 end zone interceptions--talk about costing us points! but no one wants to get rid of brees. geez!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom