Thoughts on Copper? (1 Viewer)

wardnine

The Ghost of Hebert
Reaction score
Was wondering what the opinion is of Terrance Copper is on this board? IMO, he actually is a good receiver with a lot of potential... but has made some VERY costly mistakes that have hurt us these past couple of games...

i think he needs to be benched... two games in a row he had costly fumbles

People were ready to draw and quarter him after the Pittsburgh game.

If that had happened we might have had one less turnover today...

I think he's a young player, with little experience who has some solid skills and plays well on special teams, but he's making too many mental mistakes. For the second week in a row, he didn't secure the ball in traffic and then he doesn't even turn to look for that Brees pass later in the game. Copper will be a role player for now, but I wouldn't bet on him having much longevity here. He reminds me of Robert Wilson.

My opinion is that Copper and Henderson look very similar as 3rd year players. You can see there is potential but the question is whether either/both is able to develop and clean up his play. By contrast, the rookie, Colston, is already well ahead of both in how he plays the game.

I actually like him a lot as a receiver. He finds a way to get open and has solid receiving skills. His two turnovers in the last two games were killer though, and that might crush his confidence.

Copper is a good ST player...he has made quite a few tackles. OK as a substitute WR now and again but needs to develop his ball-handling skills to be a good back-up receiver.

I think guys like Copper are a dime a dozen and we can easily sign some free agent WR to replace him next year.

Hakim would be better than Copper right now.

Copper is ok. He is a good player off of the bench. I don't like the fact that he seems to be prone to fumble. That is the last thing this team needs right now. He is young though, and will learn. We just shouldn't be relying on guys like him and Devery right now as much as we are, IMO.

I think he can be a very good player for us. If you notice after that fumble today, he started running with both hands on the ball. He will learn and get better with more reps.
His main contribution is on ST.

Gut reaction, he will not be the player we need and want him to be.

If he is a good tackler, maybe he should have been covering Chad Johnson today. Could he have been any worse than Thomas? Maybe some potential INTs would actually be caught, albeit subsequently fumbled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom