Thoughts on DH vs. TC (1 Viewer)

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
First of all, i'm am resonalbly certian that no one on this forum has acess to all the practices, team meetings and coaching meetings. If this is correct, it suprises me that the majority of this board concludes that DH is the superior option ar Wr than TC.

DH has had trouble cracking the line up under the Haslett regime, and under the Payton regime. So that's almost 2 "coaching" staffs (yes, that was a jab at the Haz staff) that weren't comfortable with whatever they see, that we don't have acess to seeing.

Despite what you may think, i have no bias toward either player. I enjoyed watching DH @ LSU, and know little about copper before he was signed here. Payton had worked with TC in DAL, So he is more familiar with his abilities/work ethic. The "rumor" perpetuated by Kenny Wilkerson is that DH does not practice well.

DH's stats this year:
Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st
2006 New Orleans Saints 6 2 11 221 20.1 52 3 3 2 10
TC'S Stats this year:
2006 New Orleans Saints 9 2 10 158 15.8 32 1 4 0 8

From this we can conclude DH is more of a deep threat, as we saw in Tampa, yet TC has caught 1 more 20yard ball. I will go out on a limb here and say that up to TC'S micues yesterday, he was not in anyone's doghouse. Out on that same limb, i would say the Pitt DB made a nice play to hit the ball on the final TO of yesterday's game.

The stats don't show one player is much more effective than the other, TC plays special teams, DH as far as i know does not. Generally we aren't a "quick strike" offense, so i understand why a possesion reciever might be favored, yet like everone else, i likes the home run ball...Dh was in for 20 plays but according to SP's press conference, he didn't get open. Either a + to the Pitt secondary, or a - to DH's ability to get open

What it comes down to is what we don't know, that is everything that rranspires during the week with practice and the coaches. In my oipnion it is rather ignorant to proclaim one of these players a game changer without knowing what Payton knows.

It comes down to trusting SP to make the decision he feels helps the team more. He know more than we do, is not wearing any NCAA galsses and I trust him implicitly. Outside of 2 plays yesterday, i think TC has shown promise and i'm not ready to flogg him just yet

Well....CS thinks that SP is doing fine and i trust his decision and DB will throw the ball to whoever is open whether it is DH or TC or even MC, RB, JH or DM. So FWIW, I dont think it matter too much.
C-YA

Darren Howard is much better at DE than WR; and he plays for Philly now. Toi Cook has been retired for several years, and was a defensive back, not a wide receiver.

-HH, Member FDIC, FSLIC, FUML, CLMAO

sorry thought you would be bright enough to decipher
DH=Devery henderson
TC= Terrance Copper
SP= Sean Payton

guess i was wrong..nvm then

Puntz,

I do believe your chain has officially been pulled. LOL

Don't worry, these folks do it to me alll the time!

ddd

Darren Howard is much better at DE than WR; and he plays for Philly now. Toi Cook has been retired for several years, and was a defensive back, not a wide receiver.

-HH, Member FDIC, FSLIC, FUML, CLMAO

Too funny.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom