Thoughts on Jimmy Graham (if he is released by Green Bay) (1 Viewer)

The latest I read was the Packers intend to keep Graham for the 2019 season. The Saints will address this need, I'm hoping we draft a young guy. Saints are great at getting some great talent in the later rounds of drafts. Hopefully that can be the case this year.

I personally like Noah Fant out of Iowa, but highly doubt he will be there when we pick at # 62 in the second round.
He is probably the first one taken, but that just depends on the team. Hockensen is also a fantastic TE. He's a much better blocker than Fant, who is a physical freak. He should win the Combine for TEs.

Fant, Hockensen and Irv Smith Jr will almost certainly be gone. Jace Sternberg, Isaac Nauta, Kaden Smith, Josh Oliver and Dax Raymond are guys with will probably still be there at the bottom of the 2nd. Of those guys, I like Sternberger the best. He is a big play guy with serious YAC skills. Seems like he was good for a couple 20+ yard catches every game and he was money in the red zone. He's still developing his route tree though, but man is he a quick accelerator for a guy that big. All of these guys were pretty good, although Dax Raymond spent a lot of time hurt. Josh Oliver is probably the only real blocker of that group. He plays tough like Jeremy Shockey.

A BIG NO!!!
That ship has sailed, he's not the same Jimmy as he was early in his career, why do youll think the deal was made when it was?

Graham is far removed from his glory days. Don't expect much more than Watson's production without the blocking. I'm not against it, the price and expectations just need to be set low.

He is probably the first one taken, but that just depends on the team. Hockensen is also a fantastic TE. He's a much better blocker than Fant, who is a physical freak. He should win the Combine for TEs.

Fant, Hockensen and Irv Smith Jr will almost certainly be gone. Jace Sternberg, Isaac Nauta, Kaden Smith, Josh Oliver and Dax Raymond are guys with will probably still be there at the bottom of the 2nd. Of those guys, I like Sternberger the best. He is a big play guy with serious YAC skills. Seems like he was good for a couple 20+ yard catches every game and he was money in the red zone. He's still developing his route tree though, but man is he a quick accelerator for a guy that big. All of these guys were pretty good, although Dax Raymond spent a lot of time hurt. Josh Oliver is probably the only real blocker of that group. He plays tough like Jeremy Shockey.

Agreed. I really like Sternberg's potential. Good size and good athlete. Just needs some work. I do think they need to address TE in FA somehow. Just so we're not locked into need positions come draft time.

I would try to sign him to one of those Loomi$ special salary cap friendly/ incentive laden/prove me contracts. The Saints should still try to draft or acquire a young TE. Remember they had Jeremy Shockey when Jimmy Graham was drafted.

Thought GB picked up an option on him already? Might be wrong but if so why pick it up then release him...

Think JG can produce here but I sure as hell dont want to pay him what he been getting to get him here...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom