Thoughts on Jimmy Graham (if he is released by Green Bay) (1 Viewer)

Agreed. I really like Sternberg's potential. Good size and good athlete. Just needs some work. I do think they need to address TE in FA somehow. Just so we're not locked into need positions come draft time.
I would love for us to pick up Sternberger. We don’t call him “Baby Gronk” around our house for nothing. He has a lot of potential and is strong. As an Aggie, I’m sad he’s leaving before a 4th year, but I would be consoled if thevSaints pick him up.

Not a fan. We were very fortunate Watson was not a liability at his age, and I know about being old. :hihi: They should get a TE in both free agency and the draft if possible.

It takes two to tango and last year Jimmy wanted to tango his way up to Green Bay. Can't say that I blame him because the money the Packers offered was absurd.

Now if he is available and if the price is right I can get behind it. Fences have been mended and time heals old wounds. I'd love to see Jimmy in the black and gold again. If he's even half the player he once was then he could roll out of bed tomorrow morning and be the best TE on our roster.

Of course Jimmy isn't in his prime anymore but it's hard for me to believe that he wouldn't have success as a 3rd option in the passing game. Michael Thomas can't be guarded by traditional means and Alvin Kamara is one of the most dynamic players in the league. Throw Jimmy Graham in the mix and the mismatches would be too much to overcome for any defense.
Exactly. He doesn't have to be all world Jimmy. He just needs to be a competent reliable option. We sorely missed that.

He still can't block
But seriously there are better younger TEs that will be FA.
Cheaper as well.

He still can't block
Cheaper as well.
Stop talking so much sense. Armchair scouts only looking at past production liable to be highly disappointed.

Nope to much of a me before the team guy he had his chance here there was a reason he was traded.

I'd absolutely welcome Jimmy Graham back this offseason. It fills a need and I think he can still perform at a high level in this offense. Adding Jimmy would allow us to avoid overpaying for a Free Agent TE and allow us to truly take BPA with our 2nd Round pick (which I still hope is the right TE)

I don't think he's done in Green Bay, though. I'm sure the new coach is going to want to maintain as many weapons as possible unless they draft a TE they think is ready to go.

We would still need to get younger and more physically talented at that position. Graham isnt half of what he was years ago when he was here. He could be useful as an added TE receiving threat, but not in the category of sign him and we are set at TE.

I'm curious why some would believe JG would come here on a one year vet minimum deal? He's only one year removed from a 30 million 3 year deal (of which he's already banked like 22 million in guaranteed and signing bonus). If and a big if he's released (7 million dead money hit for the Pack in 19 - zero the season after) I just don't see him taking much less. I'm betting that the Saint already went that route (one year deal w team option) but were out bid by a team offering 3 years and a dump truck of guaranteed money. I say we look at other options. While FA isn't cram packed with talent (Jessie James likely the best of the bunch) so maybe a trade? However, I'm thinking we'll address our needs in the draft.

Graham is already paid more than his production warrants. Do you think he's going to take a pay cut AND play for the Saints? That much 'crow' he'll never eat.

People saying no would change their minds on the very first huge JG gain or TD. Jimmy left and badmouthed the city and the organization but I personally couldn't care any less, especially if he can help us win. Even with KNOWING that MT is our go-to guy, and focusing on stopping him, we still did enough to make it to the SB (assuming the refs make that obvious call). But imagine JG just being good enough to open the field and force coverage off of MT and AK. It would be ridiculous. I think at the VERY least you'd have to entertain the idea.

He still can't block
Cheaper as well.
Look at the trend line on production, games played, injuries, TDs...

Best days behind him and it would have to be a very favorable deal. But generally I think the bridge is burned anyway.

If I'm the Saints turned sinners I make dunking the goal post legal again, bring him in just to dunk the goal post all game every game..that's all the benefit I see now pffft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom