Thoughts on NFL Wonderlic test? (1 Viewer)

It proves literacy (anything single digit is mathematically edging on proof that the kid can't read and will need accomodations for that), and whether a player is willing to take something seriously if the coaches ask them to do it (if they blow it off what else will they blow off)

I think its a test of logic.

And for DB's, LB's, QB's, WR's and RB's, logic is important.

Its not the end all be all factor, and there are always exceptions to any rule. But the wonderlic is important IMO.

Frank Gore is an exception for someone with a low score while Ryan Leaf is an example of someone with a high score.

then there is the talent vs smarts factor. Many players can get by on size and talent alone (Gore, Morris Claiborne). Many can get buy on Smarts alone (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kevin Curtis)

But the best players, seem to be more often then not, people with the combo of both. (Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Watson, RG3, Luck, AP, Both Mannings etc)

That can't possibly be the exact AND complete test....
Anyone who bombs that should be ashamed.

Now do 50 similar questions in 15 minutes.

The only place the wonderlick matters is for players that scored really low and for QBs who do poor.

Now do 50 similar questions in 15 minutes.

I missed 1(the easy one about which of these are the same names) in under 4 minutes...i think i could handle 50 in 15.

Can you use a calculator? I could go much faster with a calculator.

That can't possibly be the exact AND complete test....
Anyone who bombs that should be ashamed.

A lot of people would bomb that test. You could miss 3/15 by not knowing algebra.

The 21 page question would stump many.
I missed #3...an easy one.

You would have to get 9/15 right to get 60%. A lot of people would miss six of those if they only had 18 seconds a question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom