Thoughts on the avg. Falcon / Buccaneer fan (1 Viewer)

I find many Panthers' fans to be arrogrant and condescending, but that's just me.

Oh no, it's not.

Panthers fans are sort of Cowboy Fan Lite; since early in the franchise's history, with the astonishing gift of double draft picks in their expansion year at the same time as free agency kicked in, when they had no carryover payroll, they've had a tremendous amount of success and no long-term suffering whatsoever. In a word, they're totally spoiled, and they act like it.

St. Pike - the NFC South actually does have one Superbowl victory - the thrashing of the Raiders at the hands of the Bucs in 2003. This actually started the decline of the Raiders as they have yet to put together a winning season after that.

I would say the decline of the Bucs started shortly thereafter as well as they have had one winning season in the same time span and that was largely dependent on the strong performance of a rookie running back,

My current job (driving I-10/US 98 from Mobile to Tallahassee) is calling on about 400 businesses per month. When I run into Falcon fans, and they happen to find out that I'm Saints fan, they put on a smug smirk and tell me how "the aints are lucky so far." Or, they brag on how the Falcons have made it to the Superbowl, and the Saints haven't (...or similar yada, yada, yada).

When I run into Buccaneer fans, they smile and say something like "good game," or "your team is really putting it together this year," or something along that line.

It's just my opinion, but I sense that the Tampa fans have a brotherly kinship towards New Orleans because their franchise went through TOUGH early years. John McKay's teams were the laughingstock of the NFL in the beginning. But eventually, they turned it around. And in not too long a period of time, they were in the NFC Championship game. Tampa fans know how it feels to be laughed at, and also know how to appreciate success.

Because of that, they aren't smug (by and large), and they are good sports WIN or LOSE. They don't gloat after a win; they usually don't whine after a loss.

I know that there are good fans for each team in the NFL. We've witnessed that this season with some Ravens' and Eagles' (and even Falcons') fans.

Again, BUCS fans are great fans (more often than not).

But the average Falcons fan ...well :16:

JMHO.

I have been a regular on the Bucs message board since 2002 and I can say that they have some great fans for the most part. I run into the occasional numbskull but for the most part they are knowledgeable and fun to talk with. I have also been in a FF league with about 20 of them for 3 years now.

St. Pike - the NFC South actually does have one Superbowl victory - the thrashing of the Raiders at the hands of the Bucs in 2003. This actually started the decline of the Raiders as they have yet to put together a winning season after that.

OMG, you are right! I was pulling for them to win,... I can't believe I forgot. Atlanta was the only team I never pulled for in the SB.

I live in Atlanta, and have the displeasure of dealing with Falcon fans on a daily basis. Truth be told, I actually kinda liked the Falcons as a kid growing up in Chicago, but it was after I moved to Atlanta that their fans made me hate them. Sure there's a couple Falcon fans here and there that actually know the game and are "good" fans, but generally speaking, Falcon fans are the worst in the league.

Here's an example... After the Falcons went to the Superbowl and lost to Denver... They're were BLACKED-OUT locally for the next season's home-opener. That's right. The defending NFC champs didn't even sell out their home opener. To say that they are "fair weather" fans is a HUGE understatement.

WORST

FANS

EVER.

I live in Atlanta, and have the displeasure of dealing with Falcon fans on a daily basis. Truth be told, I actually kinda liked the Falcons as a kid growing up in Chicago, but it was after I moved to Atlanta that their fans made me hate them. Sure there's a couple Falcon fans here and there that actually know the game and are "good" fans, but generally speaking, Falcon fans are the worst in the league.

Here's an example... After the Falcons went to the Superbowl and lost to Denver... They're were BLACKED-OUT locally for the next season's home-opener. That's right. The defending NFC champs didn't even sell out their home opener. To say that they are "fair weather" fans is a HUGE understatement.

WORST

FANS

EVER.

Here Here!!!

After the Falcons went to the Superbowl and lost to Denver... They're were BLACKED-OUT locally for the next season's home-opener. That's right. The defending NFC champs didn't even sell out their home opener.

DWD,

Give them a break! After all, the majority of the ones missing were those who took on all comers betting 100:1 on the Falcons winning the Super Bowl. They were busy paying off Luigi, as well as attending bookie Uncle Vinnie's funeral (when they couldn't make payoff). :scratch:

When you have problems like that, attending the home opener the following season is the LAST thing on your mind! :hihi:

FANS

EVER.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your thoughts. I may be biased since I live in Tampa now, but the Bucs fans tend to be more modest, fans of the game, and many of them closet Saints fans. ( Oh and most HATE the Falcons!! )

The reason is......The life long Falcon fans are dying off.....the city is being taken over by people who moved there to work. They are fans of the teams they grew up with. If the Falcons are winning....they go to the games as a social event. If they are loosing....the place is empty. I can remember three or four years ago...being in the upperdeck after they were out of the playoff race and you could run from one end zone to the other in the stands and not bump into anyone. Bandwagon fans....that describes most of the Falcon fans. If you notice closely, there are huge numbers of them wearing jersey's of Jamal Anderson and Chris Chandler....they go dig them out of the basement if the Falcons are doing well, they had them left over from the last time they were on the bandwagon that superbowl year.

If you notice closely, there are huge numbers of them wearing jersey's of Jamal Anderson and Chris Chandler....they go dig them out of the basement if the Falcons are doing well, they had them left over from the last time they were on the bandwagon that superbowl year.

Not to talk badly about us Saints fans, but when I go to the games I see some dingy looking Hand jerseys and some Glover jerseys. On a side note, why oh why do people still wear that ugly #2???? Please as a public service burn these immediately, I understand some people might not be able to afford a new jersey, but even just buy a t-shirt and paint something on it. Whatever you do, please do not wear that #2 jersey anymore. This message was approved by me.

Not all Falcon fans are stupid, but most stupid people are Falcon fans. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom