Thoughts on this week's episode of Lost? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i thing that the show is starting to pick up momentum. After not really feeling the "others" i think that the storyline has some real potential now.

But i hope that they don't focus on the others too much at the expense of Sayid, Locke et al

my wife just got into lost, my son has the first year on dvd and she watched it going on our trip to nola. so she cramed her way through season one and two just in time to see the premeir for season three. she is addicted. we have been together for 25 years and I have never seen her more in to a show before. I watched all of year one and most of two so I can follow along with most of whats going on and I agree OP this season has started off with some strange twists. I just hope it dosn't get to far out there and my wife gets lost because she is really having fun with it.

I agree that with so much focus on the 'others' right now, the purpose of all the other cast memebers appears to have diminished. I too am interested in see more of Lock, Echo and Desmond.

I thought it was great. Now that we know why they selected Jack, I'm curious about Kate and Sawyer. What can they possibly use Sawyer's conning skills for? I think Kate may just be there so that they can get Sawyer to do whatever they want and to play Jack and Sawyer off each other.

As far as neglecting the others on the main island, I don't think they will. I think the emphasis will switch back and forth between the islands until Locke finally plans his rescue.

To be honest, the only characters I'm really interested in on the main island are Eko, Desmond, and Hurley. I could care less about Charlie and Claire. Sayid got on my nerves last episode, and I'm getting tired of Locke (though he does have the potential to further develop in a better direction). Jin and Sun are interesting characters but don't do much to advance the overall plot. I want to see Michael come back. I'm sure at some point he'll be used as some sort of deus ex machina. Or maybe he'll get in contact with Desmond's gal pal. Now I'm rambling...but still, good episode. Got me excited about the rest of the season.

The speculation has been that they need Sawyer because of his blood type. The Others might need the blood for the surgery Jack will have to perform on whoever has the tumor. Speculation continues that Kate is only around to keep Sawyer in line.

I agree that there has been a lot of focus on the Others. Really, I don't have a problem with it. I mean, I want to know more about these people (even though we really haven't learned much thus far). I think the producers are trying to create interest in the Others, and so far, I think they're doing a good job. The producers even said before the season began that this season would be about the Others.

However, it does look like the focus next week will be on the "original" cast. I definitely think we have not seen enough of Locke, Desmond, Sayid, and Eko thus far. The bad part is that there's only two more episodes until February. I like this idea of running episodes without any repeats, but that's still a long time to wait. Plus, I hear there's going to be a kind of mini-cliffhanger at the end of the episode on November 8 to keep us all waiting.

I thought it was great. Now that we know why they selected Jack, I'm curious about Kate and Sawyer. What can they possibly use Sawyer's conning skills for? I think Kate may just be there so that they can get Sawyer to do whatever they want and to play Jack and Sawyer off each other.

As far as neglecting the others on the main island, I don't think they will. I think the emphasis will switch back and forth between the islands until Locke finally plans his rescue.

To be honest, the only characters I'm really interested in on the main island are Eko, Desmond, and Hurley. I could care less about Charlie and Claire. Sayid got on my nerves last episode, and I'm getting tired of Locke (though he does have the potential to further develop in a better direction). Jin and Sun are interesting characters but don't do much to advance the overall plot. I want to see Michael come back. I'm sure at some point he'll be used as some sort of deus ex machina. Or maybe he'll get in contact with Desmond's gal pal. Now I'm rambling...but still, good episode. Got me excited about the rest of the season.

Agreed but I have a bit of crush on Claire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom