Thoughts on this? (1 Viewer)

For starters, he did take a pay cut. Do a quick Google on his latest contract.

And the Saints have signed some pretty hefty defensive contracts over the past few years. It's just that Jairus Byrd got hurt, Junior Galette went nuts, and Cam Jordan can't do it all by himself. So your points just really aren't very relevant to the current team and its situation.

Actually I believe they are.

Source: Tom Brady restructures deal to help Patriots free up cash, earns extra $3 million in process | Boston Herald

I'm not saying Brees doesn't deserve the big bucks, but at this point how many millions does he need?

New England is not paying anyone big bucks though. They're finishing gems on both sides of the ball without putting together a roster of stars. And when they do get a guy coming up on a big pay day, they deal him off for draft picks. It's a real testament to how cohesive a unit and the smart system they have up there. They're basically playing money ball and have been to half the Super Bowls in the last 14 years.

Source: Tom Brady restructures deal to help Patriots free up cash, earns extra $3 million in process | Boston Herald

I'm not saying Brees doesn't deserve the big bucks, but at this point how many millions does he need?

And that was discussed ad nauseam on this board. And so was Brees' extension where he took a team friendly extension to help with cap space.

I don't know, maybe you work in the service and were on deployment for the past year. Or work some other job where you have no access to current event information.

But your subject and your points are simply not an issue or a concern at this point, and really only serve to complain unnecessarily about the past.

Hasn't this been discussed enough already? Drew is actually underpaid for what he means to this franchise. The fact that we are in "Cap Hell" has nothing to do with Drew Brees and everything to do with years of poor talent evaluations and poor financial decisions. In other words, maybe it's time for the front office to get their act together.

Oh look this again.....

"Hey Drew should travel back in time and sit in on board room discussion with Loomis and some how re-work his contract details into allowing annual pay cuts to account for bad roster decisions" "I mean he should be a team player like Brady who has a completely different set of circumstances and contract."

Lord, can y'all find something else to blame already? It's not Drew's contract, it's bad front office decisions that have played themselves out. We have plenty of cap space this off season to be competitive.

Hasn't this been discussed enough already? Drew is actually underpaid for what he means to this franchise. The fact that we are in "Cap Hell" has nothing to do with Drew Brees and everything to do with years of poor talent evaluations and poor financial decisions. In other words, maybe it's time for the front office to get their act together.

Again, we're pointing our discussion toward the past here. The cap situation is not an issue for the Saints going into this off-season, and looks very good going forward.

yes brees makes a ton of money. but he doesn't make as much as several qb's that can only wish to be as good as he is.

IF Brees wants a shot at another Super Bowl. he would be smart and take a paycut..... many have done it in other sports for a shot at a title.... Chipper Jones and the three in Miami when Lebron joined them...

IF Brees wants a shot at another Super Bowl. he would be smart and take a paycut..... many have done it in other sports for a shot at a title.... Chipper Jones and the three in Miami when Lebron joined them...

Sigh..................
again. He's already done that.

The issue is not Brees' salary... its the dead money tied up in bad contract decisions. Im pretty sure Matt Ryan makes more than Drew without looking up any details of their contracts. Atlanta is built through the draft. Something we did not do well before our revamped scouting department. Hopefully those days are behind us

all the Pats did was move money around. He didn't lose any money that year. they changed his base salary not including a signing bonus, workout bonus, wake up and stretch bonus. Drew did the same thing a few years back and that is why he had a 30 mil cap hit. In which he signed a contract extension that lowered his cap hit. He is making 13 mil this season in salary.

2016 Saints vs Patriots, QB & WR cap hit comparison

4gFXEGL.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom