Thoughts on this? (1 Viewer)

For one last time, don't put this money n Drew, he does what he sis supposed to do and more.

Learn from Atlanta, that built a Super Bowl defense in just two years.

And more important, learn from the Patriots, that can get rid of two of their defensive stars and have the depth to compete.

Brady out for games, Gronk injured, Jamie Collins traded, and they keep going!

Pay Brees whatever he wants without him we're 2-14.

Not sure about that but we know he's still great. I'm just thinking we had 2 WRs over a thousand yards, a thousand yard RB, and an awful D. If Brees took a pay cut the Saints might be able to sign some big name D players

How about we draft better and make better fa decisions. It's not Drew's job to put a competent team around a HOF qb.....

Not sure about that but we know he's still great. I'm just thinking we had 2 WRs over a thousand yards, a thousand yard RB, and an awful D. If Brees took a pay cut the Saints might be able to sign some big name D players

I agree. Drew needs to understand this. Pay drew and lose nicks and bushrod. That happened the first time. Imagine if we still had nicks

Maybe its time for Brees to take a pay cut to help the Saints form a winning team around him.

Your thoughts?

If Brees had settled for the mere 30 million his first contract paid him, that might have made a difference. We've been in cap hell, yes, but not solely because of Brees. We've wasted tons of green on free agents that busted out. We've wasted tons on the likes of Junior and others who stopped playing once they got the big contract.

I'm no communist but, just how many millions does a guy need? When we're arguing about 10 million on a hundred million dollar contract, the unreality of it boggles the mind.

Anyway, IT'S TOO LATE! The damage of multiple colossal contracts has already done its damage. The 'team' guy became a 'me' guy, like we see every day in the NFL. Football is not played by altruists. When your coaches and scouts hit on their picks, year after year, you get the Patriots. When they don't, you get the Saints because, you see, it actually IS rocket science.

I agree. Drew needs to understand this. Pay drew and lose nicks and bushrod. That happened the first time. Imagine if we still had nicks

Your point is flawed. We lost Nicks because HE wanted to be the highest paid guard in the NFL. Brees was no different in his demands. Bushrod, we just gave up on him.

The fact is, if you want to blame anyone, we should blame the cursed agents. They, too, try to top each other and drove the insanity.

For starters, he did take a pay cut. Do a quick Google on his latest contract.

And the Saints have signed some pretty hefty defensive contracts over the past few years. It's just that Jairus Byrd got hurt, Junior Galette went nuts, and Cam Jordan can't do it all by himself. So your points just really aren't very relevant to the current team and its situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom