Mock Draft Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Love the first pick.
Hurts would be cool as I got to meet him, one of the guys that worked for me went to high school with him and they are pretty good friends.
Was working in Channelview at the time right up the road from his school.
Man what a nasty city. Lol.

I'm not high on Jalen at all. I might be alone here, He's not real accurate, and in big games he's not done real well.

Also, I don't like Murray. He's great in run support. He was used as a blitzing LB. I worried he's not any good in coverage.

I'm not high on Jalen at all. I might be alone here, He's not real accurate, and in big games he's not done real well.

Also, I don't like Murray. He's great in run support. He was used as a blitzing LB. I worried he's not any good in coverage.

I agree. I am not a fan of Murray. I think he was good because of the competition he played against and he hasn't shown that he can cover backs/TE/etc. Not a homer here, but I think Patrick Queen has a better future overall than Murray.

Ive heard a lot of good things about Bowden. Can he do well in the slot? Havent researched him a lot but seems like a great all around athlete, much like Taysom.

The issue I have with Hurts is he has a slow trigger speed when he has to sit through reads and make a decision as a passer. He is a guy who likes to "See" receivers come open, instead of anticipating them and hitting them in a spot. I'm speculating Sean would prefer to have a guy who makes quick decisions, and throws with anticipation once Drew is finished playing.

If we have to go QB In Round 3, I'd prefer to grab Anthony Gordon I think he shows more anticipation and accuracy when working within the pocket.

Agree with you on Murray, (I think he's this years version of Stephone Anthony) crazy athletic, straight line Linebacker who will struggle with reading plays between the Tackles and also have issues playing back in coverage at the next level.

I'd prefer Queen in Round 1, but if we wait for Linebacker we can take Malik Harrison as a Sam replacement for Klein.. Logan Wilson as a true Mike for Anzalone insurance, or if we want more athletic Cover backers Will types I'd like Akeem Davis-Gaither from App.State, Willie Gay Jr. from Miss St. or Davion Taylor from Colorado who should be available in Rounds 3-4.

Ive heard a lot of good things about Bowden. Can he do well in the slot? Havent researched him a lot but seems like a great all around athlete, much like Taysom.

Bowden is more of a jack-of-all trades playmaker athlete think lesser version of Laviska Shenault, or even in the mold of Cordarelle Patterson or Antwaan Randle-El back in the day. He played Wildcat QB for Kentucky this season, when he had reps at WR he was more of a down the field deep post type, with a lot of screens around the LOS to just let him catch and run.

I actually think the Saints have great Slot options, with Emmanuel Sanders, and MT also operates a lot from the Slot as well. I think what they need is a true down-field Flanker to take over for Ginn's role.

a Denzil Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, Jalen Raegor, or even Tee Higgins if he starts to fall deep into round 2 could be possible targets to fill that Z receiver- down the field flanker role on the outside.

Last edited:
I really am starting to like Murray, but I am not sure he will be around at #24. Loomis may have to move up a few slots to get him. I also like Hurts in 3rd as we do need a developmental QB and the guy has some upside.

Not done real well in big games? Are you just counting being benched against Georgia for Tua, a better quarterback, or running into an absolute juggernaut in what LSU was last year?

He's played very well and is more accurate than he's given credit. Not a marksman, but he can put the ball on the money.

I do agree about Murray though. I like him a lot and he's on my list of choice picks at 24. Still hope that he can be coached up and trust his instincts more.

Not high on LBs in this draft think there a big risk for a 1st rd pick, I know we all want a young stud but rather not take a reach because we dont have a 2nd rd pick, Hurts is a bust unless he plans on playing other positions since he is an athlete

I seriously doubt murray will be there when we pick. Zach Braun or Logan Wilson both have late 1st to early 2nd round grades that could be there. If we traded back and picked up a couple 2nd round picks, Logan Wilson and Willie Gay would be good additions. But, barring any mythical trade, I guess I see it more like this:

1 - 24 - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor, 6'3 207lbs - 4.38
3 - 88 - Justin Strnad, LB, Wake Forest, 6'3 240lbs - 4.72
4 - 130 - Casey Toohill, LB/DE, Stanford, 6'4 245lbs - 4.62
5 - 169 - Kindle Vildore, CB, Georgia Southern, 5'10 190lbs - 4.43
6 - 203 - James Lynch, DL, Baylor, 6'4 292lbs - 4.99

Lynch in rd 6 doesnt seem possible if you ask me lol did a couple were I drafted lynch in the 3rd and 4th round but thinking no way he gets past carolina in the 3rd round let alone the 4th

I like Murray but would prefer a LB like Uche who can also rush the passer.

I don't know if I'd ever consider a mainly run support linebacker in rd 1.

I like Hurts but would prefer Jake Luton or Brian Lewerke in the middle rounds at QB.

Bowden in a good wr but is better suited for the slot.

If they wait until rd 4 to address WR I would imagine it would be an outside guy like Isaiah Hodgins, Binjimin Victor, kJ Osborn or Aaron Ross.

Lynch in rd 6 doesnt seem possible if you ask me lol did a couple were I drafted lynch in the 3rd and 4th round but thinking no way he gets past carolina in the 3rd round let alone the 4th
Rhule will reach for him almost guaranteed, but it will probably be in Round 3 at the earliest..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom