Three armed men broke into a gun enthusiast's home. The sheriff says he shot them one-by-one. (WWLTV article) (1 Viewer)

I found this to be an interesting story because the third intruder is being charged with the homicides of his two accomplices. Kind of curious what everyone thinks, and how legal is this (in Florida)?

Yes, this is the felony murder statute that almost all states have. Basically if you are involved in a felony that results in a homicide, which was the foreseeable result of the action, even if your actions were only indirectly resulted in the death, you can be charged with murder.

Well someone breaks in my house I shoot them dead on the spot. Easy answer there. Now if someone is breaking in my shed out back, right now I call the cops to take care of it. If there are no cops, I shoot them dead on the spot. No one to answer to. That is How so! Can I spell it out any better for you on how defunding the police will make things worse?

As a 55 plus year old, I have learned in life, that if A, is NEVER thought of, (Home invasion), then B,(Wake up dead in the morning), will NEVER happen.........
Example, if we do NOT sign Drew Brees(A), we probably NEVER win the Super Bowl(B).
Newton's third Law of energy conservation, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction", would be appropriate here.

Well someone breaks in my house I shoot them dead on the spot. Easy answer there. Now if someone is breaking in my shed out back, right now I call the cops to take care of it. If there are no cops, I shoot them dead on the spot. No one to answer to. That is How so! Can I spell it out any better for you on how defunding the police will make things worse?
You shoot them dead in the shed and you better drag their ***** inside and plant a weapon on them. Shooting an intruder in Maryland must be in self defense, though a jury is unlikely to bring charges if someone breaks into your house while you and your family are home and you shoot the intruder.

I have a Remington 1100 (1974 model) and a S&W .38. Just saying.

You shoot them dead in the shed and you better drag their ***** inside and plant a weapon on them. Shooting an intruder in Maryland must be in self defense, though a jury is unlikely to bring charges if someone breaks into your house while you and your family are home and you shoot the intruder.

I have a Remington 1100 (1974 model) and a S&W .38. Just saying.
Read my whole post. I was saying if the cops are defunded and there are no cops. No cops, no law.

I wouldn’t want to shoot someone for breaking into a shed unless they made a move at me, cops or no cops. House is a different story.

When seconds count, police are minutes away.

I wouldn’t want to shoot someone for breaking into a shed unless they made a move at me, cops or no cops. House is a different story.

When seconds count, police are minutes away.
I agree. Just making a point as to how some people will handle things. I dont want to hurt anyone. But if there's no law, who knows what will happen.

Read my whole post. I was saying if the cops are defunded and there are no cops. No cops, no law.
Cops or no cops, shooting someone dead in your shed will likely lead to your arrest. Unless you're intimating that defunding aspects of the police force i.e. military armaments will result in the complete disolution of police forces, which is something no one is suggesting.

I agree. Just making a point as to how some people will handle things. I dont want to hurt anyone. But if there's no law, who knows what will happen.
I'm not sure how we're getting to "no law"?

The protests are about making sure the laws on the books are enforced fairly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom