Three big takeaways (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Two good, one bad.
1. Teddy looked real good. Feel good about Drew's backup
2. McCoy looked real good. Feel good about OL
3. Non existent pass rush. The difficulty in our DBs playing one on one balls in man to man, this might be the most important aspect of the 2019 team's success or failure. If Saints have to blitz to get pressure it will be a long year for the defense.

I’ll add a couple:

I thought our Running backs Murphy and Washington looked good.

I also thought our return guys looked great.

Agree on #3, they need Hendrickson to really pan out this year, because they're going to feel Okafor's absence...
Last year they felt Okafor’s absence. He did not play like a starting DE. He didn’t try to turn the corner on Left Tackles and go for the sack. It was like he was playing contain all year. He just wasn’t himself after the injury.

Pass rush: I can’t tell if that’s just because it’s preseason, but that’s the doubt I have had for months, and I’ll wait to crown this team until they show some pressure. Rankins will be missed, and the rotation Okafor/Davenport was something.

Two good, one bad.
1. Teddy looked real good. Feel good about Drew's backup
2. McCoy looked real good. Feel good about OL
3. Non existent pass rush. The difficulty in our DBs playing one on one balls in man to man, this might be the most important aspect of the 2019 team's success or failure. If Saints have to blitz to get pressure it will be a long year for the defense.
Didn't get to see it (Florida). Did Davenport play?

I am just curious you think we are going to have another wake up call first game of the season type thing on defense? Where they go Oh yeah we sucked bad maybe we should start playing better that is why we lost. Because I really tired of that re-run.
I'm hoping for the downward trend. 2017 2 games to wake up. 2018 1 game to wake up. 2019? 0 please!!!

I am just curious you think we are going to have another wake up call first game of the season type thing on defense? Where they go Oh yeah we sucked bad maybe we should start playing better that is why we lost. Because I really tired of that re-run.
Some of it has been to start they year how they scheme and coach. The defense gets shredded and Allen has to go back to drawing board.

Hope we can avoid that this year.

Some of it has been to start they year how they scheme and coach. The defense gets shredded and Allen has to go back to drawing board.

Hope we can avoid that this year.
Well by year 3 you would figure Allen has a good enough feel for the players he has, and their fit within the scheme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom