Three Free Agents Who Could Dramatically Transform Saints' Defense (1 Viewer)

Tee08

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is likely wishful thinking, but I can't help myself drooling over the thought of the Saints somehow pulling this off by signing these three free agents.

(Info on players obtained from NFL.COM) -

Calais Campbell - There's no other player quite like Campbell, as thoughtful and savvy as he is physically overwhelming at 6-foot-8, 300 pounds. Still only 30 years old and able to play in any system, he would make a great "get over the hump" piece for a team looking for a title.

Dont'A Hightower - Author of two of the most important plays in the Patriots' last two Super Bowl victories, Hightower also has emerged as the best blitzing inside linebacker in football and a leader on New England's defense.

A. J. Bouye - No NFL player raised his value more in 2016 than Bouye, who started the season as Houston's fourth cornerback and finished as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter on the league's stingiest total defense. He will emerge from the shadows to become a household name once he gets a mega contract.

The Saints' defense desparately needs upgrading, and there are several other free agents, besides the three listed above, who could also come in and have a dramatic, difference making impact.

Ok .. I'm a big boy, I can take it .. let me have it :hihi:

I think we can get Hyde and Logan Ryan for what Bouye will get on the open market.

I think Hightower will stay in NE when it's all over. They played this same game with McCourtey, but when it comes down to it, the Patriots know who needs to be paid.

Would love Campbell and Hightower, sadly I don't think we will get either.

I know this is likely wishful thinking, but I can't help myself drooling over the thought of the Saints somehow pulling this off by signing these three free agents.

(Info on players obtained from NFL.COM) -

Calais Campbell - There's no other player quite like Campbell, as thoughtful and savvy as he is physically overwhelming at 6-foot-8, 300 pounds. Still only 30 years old and able to play in any system, he would make a great "get over the hump" piece for a team looking for a title.

Dont'A Hightower - Author of two of the most important plays in the Patriots' last two Super Bowl victories, Hightower also has emerged as the best blitzing inside linebacker in football and a leader on New England's defense.

A. J. Bouye - No NFL player raised his value more in 2016 than Bouye, who started the season as Houston's fourth cornerback and finished as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter on the league's stingiest total defense. He will emerge from the shadows to become a household name once he gets a mega contract.

The Saints' defense desparately needs upgrading, and there are several other free agents, besides the three listed above, who could also come in and have a dramatic, difference making impact.

Ok .. I'm a big boy, I can take it .. let me have it :hihi:

Genius. Mickey Loomis should watch out.

Just Give me

CB Bouye
CB/FS Hyde
MLB Brown
RG Warford

I'll be happy if we got 3 of them I'm also starting to warm up to CB Logan Ryan from the pats though.

Campbell would be a bad fit here. For what he's going to get paid we just simply don't have that big of a need for what he does. We need a pass rusher on the edge and Campbell is best in a 3-4 and if played here would be in Cams spot. I like Bouye but some are over rating him big time. I would much rather Gilmore who would have been a pro bowler as well playing the #2 CB position with the Texans front 7. I would love to get Hightower who would fit in well with Allens scheme which I believe blitzed more then any defense in the NFL or was right near the top. I would rather address the secondary in FA and load up on the front 7 in the draft. Gilmore and Hyde would set our secondary up and potentially be one of the best groups in the NFL. Go sign one of the top OGs preferably Zeitler and we're ready to compete for rings.

CB Bouye/Gilmore
CB/FS Hyde
MLB Brown
RG Warford

Micah Hyde just isn't good guys, I really am not sure why people keep bringing him up? He's a depth player and ST's guy.

Micah Hyde just isn't good guys, I really am not sure why people keep bringing him up? He's a depth player and ST's guy.

2-3 Million for a Swiss Army knife in the secondary while also being a ST contributor. You need depth. I'd love to have him.

2-3 Million for a Swiss Army knife in the secondary while also being a ST contributor. You need depth. I'd love to have him.

This. I don't want him as our #2 corner. But he can return kicks and provide depth at CB and S. What's not to love about that?

Wouldn't Capmbell be redundant on a team with Rankins and Fairely?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom