Three Free Agents Who Could Dramatically Transform Saints' Defense (1 Viewer)

I know this is likely wishful thinking, but I can't help myself drooling over the thought of the Saints somehow pulling this off by signing these three free agents.

(Info on players obtained from NFL.COM) -

Calais Campbell - There's no other player quite like Campbell, as thoughtful and savvy as he is physically overwhelming at 6-foot-8, 300 pounds. Still only 30 years old and able to play in any system, he would make a great "get over the hump" piece for a team looking for a title.

Dont'A Hightower - Author of two of the most important plays in the Patriots' last two Super Bowl victories, Hightower also has emerged as the best blitzing inside linebacker in football and a leader on New England's defense.

A. J. Bouye - No NFL player raised his value more in 2016 than Bouye, who started the season as Houston's fourth cornerback and finished as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter on the league's stingiest total defense. He will emerge from the shadows to become a household name once he gets a mega contract.

The Saints' defense desparately needs upgrading, and there are several other free agents, besides the three listed above, who could also come in and have a dramatic, difference making impact.

Ok .. I'm a big boy, I can take it .. let me have it :hihi:

As much as I would love it, I would dread the endless whining about us spending our cap.

As much as I would love it, I would dread the endless whining about us spending our cap.

People are always gonna complain because of the Byrd effect but for every Byrd there's a Jabari Greer not gonna hit on every FA...I'm just glad we're in a position to improve this team with some real cap space for once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom