Three Things I Always Fear on Saints' Gamedays... (1 Viewer)

Gunny_J

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...after last season (and probably before that, honestly)

1. That our defense will not get the 3rd down stops when needed. Teams have been gouging yards on us for years (other than maybe 2010), but now we're giving up the 3rd down stops too.

2. Our OT play. Pick one...doesn't matter.

3. Unecessary Turnovers. This comes in two forms. One, ball carriers are not focusing after or during the catch. Two, either Brees gets early pressure jitters or we fall behind a score or two and he tries to force the ball downfield to well covered receivers.

Agree or disagree?

If the team can turn the above around this season, I believe we will be competitive for a championship again. If not, we have a long hill to climb to sniff that trophy again. IMO, the competition in the NFC just reached a new level last year. I believe in Sean Payton when he says, "You are either getter better or getting worse in this league." Where do the Saints stand right now? I hope things get turned around soon. It is going to take a bit to get the fears of 2012 out of my mind.

1. Our Defense last year. 2. Abandoning the run. 3. Hartley. (4-1000 would still be Hartley).

---A message from Cyberdyne Systems using Tapatalk

1. Our Defense last year. 2. Abandoning the run. 3. Hartley. (4-1000 would still be Hartley).

---A message from Cyberdyne Systems using Tapatalk

LOL..nice one. I think your #2 equals part of my #3. On Hartley. Yes, I understand what you are saying. I can't disagree, BUT you won't believe where he lines up with best field goal percentages of all-time....#8 (@84.5%).

Source: NFL Career Field Goal % Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

3. Unecessary Turnovers. This comes in two forms. One, ball carriers are not focusing after or during the catch. Two, either Brees gets early pressure jitters or we fall behind a score or two and he tries to force the ball downfield to well covered receivers.

That happened all 2012 simply because defense couldn't stop wet tissue paper so the Drew and Company had to play from behind in 70% of the games. That second Falcons game where he threw 5 interceptions was because he was forcing the ball and getting very jitter with no help up front. If I remember correctly he even pulled a Tony Romo and threw the ball into a defensive lineman&#8217;s arms. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I agree the team can turn it around if defense gets their act together and the offensive line. You give Brees a clean pocket and he is the best QB in the NFL hands down.<O:p</O:p
Mine would be obviously number 1: Defense
2: Better O-Line protection getting pressure to Brees and he throws a pick.
3: Better play calling, which is going to be fixed since Sean is back.

I have been a Saints fan since day one and my only fear on gameday is if we lose. Not so much lately but, the onside kick in the Superbowl did bring back really bad memories of Saints team of old. :covri: Being the diehard I am though I was convinced afterward that these Saints are not the nightmare team I grew up watching and dying a little each week with.

I tweeted Vilma cause I was p**sed and told him that I was sick of then not getting third down stops and he deleted/blocked me from his twitter.

...after last season (and probably before that, honestly)

1. That our defense will not get the 3rd down stops when needed. Teams have been gouging yards on us for years (other than maybe 2010), but now we're giving up the 3rd down stops too.

2. Our OT play. Pick one...doesn't matter.

Agree or disagree?

If the team can turn the above around this season, I believe we will be competitive for a championship again. If not, we have a long hill to climb to sniff that trophy again. IMO, the competition in the NFC just reached a new level last year. I believe in Sean Payton when he says, "You are either getter better or getting worse in this league." Where do the Saints stand right now? I hope things get turned around soon. It is going to take a bit to get the fears of 2012 out of my mind.
Now that our coach is back,most of our fears are gone with 2012

After the River City Relay, I fear nothing. I've accepted my fate as a Saints fan.

My three things:

1) Our defense, with only a few minutes (or seconds) left in the game.

2) A deep pass by the opposing offense.

3) A game where Drew is getting hit/flustered by the defense early on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom