Thrilled with growth of our young players.... (1 Viewer)

I'm very curious to see what they do after the bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'd rather wear his B&G glasses than the turd covered ones you appear to wear every time you post here.

Sure, the Steph thing was hyperbole, but is that all you got out of it?
Of course it is, because it's all you EVER bring to the table.

I post less and less here. It's the constant negativity from posters like you that has become a real turn off. I know a couple of ex posters personally that have stopped coming here all together. There used to be some really good conversations here, but they all left due to the crap people like you post day after day.
Just sayin'...

We started off this year poorly...it's looking like the 4th losing season in 5 years, with perhaps again one of the worst defenses in league history. But maybe things will tighten up as the year progresses and injuries heal. Anyway, how does one address this trend with effusive positivity when the problem areas persist and are under management of the same set of individuals?

Looking at the the last 5 years and the recurring issues that don't seem to get fixed how do you have a conversation about getting it fixed without digging through 4 seasons of futility and a lot of bad decisions that got us here?

The answer is right now I think you don't talk about it and I have and will also dial back interaction other than maybe the game day board, where emotion and candor is more tolerated. At this point it's hard to get super sunshiny when you see issues that persist that we were supposed to believe were solved with the scouting shake up and the hiring of Ireland -- like spending a #1 on a player that can't get on the field and overpaying for a TE who has suspect hands that can't be trusted in a crucial moment of the game, and often seems to be in the wrong spot on his routes.

But to the positives. Fairly has looked good and Aaron Glenn has done great job holding the back end together. Need to build on that and have a great draft this year and start building depth beyond UDFAs or street signings.

We have the coaches and management we have, until we don't, so I hope they figure it out and get back on a winning streak with drafting and signings -- mainly on the defensive side of the ball. And on the offensive side of the ball I hope Payton adds back that sticky to his play sheet that says "Run the ball!".

Other than that, I wish for some more of the luck we saw in the final 6:00 minutes of the chargers game and hope some personnel decisions start to pay positive dividends.

Just sayin'...

Anyway, how does one address this trend with effusive positivity when the problem areas persist and are under management of the same set of individuals?

Being honest and forthright are not the same as negativity. I've always spoken honestly and sometimes taken a little heat for it, but nothing serious. Some things simply have to be said. An occasional critical post doesn't make one negative.

Truly negative people LOOK for something to be negative about, whether it exists or not.

You're a smart guy, so you know all that, but I ramble sometimes.

Just sayin'...

We started off this year poorly...it's looking like the 4th losing season in 5 years, with perhaps again one of the worst defenses in league history. But maybe things will tighten up as the year progresses and injuries heal. Anyway, how does one address this trend with effusive positivity when the problem areas persist and are under management of the same set of individuals?

Looking at the the last 5 years and the recurring issues that don't seem to get fixed how do you have a conversation about getting it fixed without digging through 4 seasons of futility and a lot of bad decisions that got us here?

The answer is right now I think you don't talk about it and I have and will also dial back interaction other than maybe the game day board, where emotion and candor is more tolerated. At this point it's hard to get super sunshiny when you see issues that persist that we were supposed to believe were solved with the scouting shake up and the hiring of Ireland -- like spending a #1 on a player that can't get on the field and overpaying for a TE who has suspect hands that can't be trusted in a crucial moment of the game, and often seems to be in the wrong spot on his routes.

But to the positives. Fairly has looked good and Aaron Glenn has done great job holding the back end together. Need to build on that and have a great draft this year and start building depth beyond UDFAs or street signings.

We have the coaches and management we have, until we don't, so I hope they figure it out and get back on a winning streak with drafting and signings -- mainly on the defensive side of the ball. And on the offensive side of the ball I hope Payton adds back that sticky to his play sheet that says "Run the ball!".

Other than that, I wish for some more of the luck we saw in the final 6:00 minutes of the chargers game and hope some personnel decisions start to pay positive dividends.
Thank you.

Being honest and forthright are not the same as negativity. I've always spoken honestly and sometimes taken a little heat for it, but nothing serious. Some things simply have to be said. An occasional critical post doesn't make one negative.

Truly negative people LOOK for something to be negative about, whether it exists or not.

Exactly. There is little to no balance in the personas of those that are truly negative. It's like they are morose creatures that feel a need to spread their misery like a virus.

We all have to vent our frustrations from time to time. No one has an issue with that. However, lately we have had too many "harpers" that will drive you nuts making the same accusations, or citing the same issues seemingly over and over in every related thread.

We know the issues... we just don't want to read incessant harping about those issues coming from the same handful of members all of the time.

Then there are the kill joys that seek out optimism and try to stomp on it wherever it surfaces, usually in the way of a drive by pot-shot. You know? The "bring you back down to earth" crowd that is always telling people to remove their Black and Gold colored glasses. :rant: They really grind my gears.

The answer is right now I think you don't talk about it and I have and will also dial back interaction other than maybe the game day board, where emotion and candor is more tolerated.

It really shows the spectrum of fan experience but I'd rather undergo shock treatment then hang out on the game day board during a 1-3 start. This is exactly why I *never* tell anybody how to be a fan because somebody is having the exact opposite experience.

Exactly. There is little to no balance in the personas of those that are truly negative. It's like they are morose creatures that feel a need to spread their misery like a virus.

We all have to vent our frustrations from time to time. No one has an issue with that. However, lately we have had too many "harpers" that will drive you nuts making the same accusations, or citing the same issues seemingly over and over in every related thread.

We know the issues... we just don't want to read incessant harping about those issues coming from the same handful of members all of the time.

Then there are the kill joys that seek out optimism and try to stomp on it wherever it surfaces, usually in the way of a drive by pot-shot. You know? The "bring you back down to earth" crowd that is always telling people to remove their Black and Gold colored glasses. :rant: They really grind my gears.

Really, in a way, it's just an expansion of the "Beating a dead horse" rule.

And I can already see a few people getting the memo.. even if not perfect, better.

I'd rather wear his B&G glasses than the turd covered ones you appear to wear every time you post here.

Sure, the Steph thing was hyperbole, but is that all you got out of it?
Of course it is, because it's all you EVER bring to the table.

I post less and less here. It's the constant negativity from posters like you that has become a real turn off. I know a couple of ex posters personally that have stopped coming here all together. There used to be some really good conversations here, but they all left due to the crap people like you post day after day.

That's why they have an ignore option.

I :rant: when someone says "Yes, we won, but we played terribly". There seems to be no recognition at all that the other team has 22 elite pro athletes trying to stop you.

This is not really surprising when you study polling statistics. They consistently show that ~20% of the public are never satisfied with anything, no matter what. It must be a terrible existence.

We can focus on occasion on the positive without ignoring the obvious negative issues that have and are still impacting this team. Those are discussed almost daily in terms of dead money, missed draft choices (and there have been many), trading away choices and FA's that were overpaid in hindsight. Those are indeed real issues and ones that have kept our Saints from turning things around.

Now for the positives. I, too, am encouraged by a number of players we have gotten in the last couple of years. Willie Snead is an excellent starting WR; Peat, even without a permanent position as yet, is looking more like a starting caliber OL; Delvin Breaux, PJ Williams and even Swan are guys, absent injuries, that look like they should be playing in this league; Michael Thomas and Von Bell both look like they will be starting for a long time for the Saints. Same for Rankins based on his solid camp. In addition, we may have hit a home run with Fairley, who is playing lights out, even without a supporting cast next to him on the DL. He, along with Robertson, are FA's we did not miss on. I am not sure at this point about Anthony, but he did play fairly well last year in the middle so I don't know if it is the position change or he just is not yet football savvy enough to contribute. The jury is out but I am not at this point willing to write him of - Next year if he is not starting and contributing someplace will be a different issue.

I like being positive as well. Don't even click on the ops from members I know are negative.
We are fans. We don't have to be realistic.

Our young marquee players...

DL- Rankins, Kikaha
LB- Anthony
DB- Breaux, Williams, Vaccaro, Bell

Those are the guys we need to improve the defense. Just about all are either not producing or injured. So no...I'm not thrilled.

Our young marquee players...

DL- Rankins, Kikaha
LB- Anthony
DB- Breaux, Williams, Vaccaro, Bell

Those are the guys we need to improve the defense. Just about all are either not producing or injured. So no...I'm not thrilled.

players get injured, that's just to be expected.

Breaux, Williams, Vacarro are look to me to be extremely legit. This is a nice foundation for the secondary. With Byrd and Bell competing for the other safety position, you have to feel good about the way the secondary is stacking up. Especially considering how well the role players have held up with the main CBs out.

Kikaha looks to me like a guy who might be without a true NFL position. He doesn't have the explosiveness to be a pure pass rushing 4-3 DE in the NFL. He doesn't have the size to be a run stuffer, or the quickness & agility to cover tight ends and running backs. He does have a great attitude and work ethic which offsets the lack of special athleticism, but I think he will always be more of a glue guy than a franchise player.

Anthony's situation is unclear. They may have botched his development by throwing too much at him too soon with MLB and then moving him to a new position and basically starting over in his development. He looks to be going backward right now. I still think Anthony can be a great football player but they have not done a good job of getting the most out of him.

Rankins is still an uknown having never taken a snap in an NFL game. DT has been something of a strength with Fairely and Davison, so adding Rankins is only going to solidify the DT rotation. I don't think we should have a pessimistic look on defense, there is definitely reason to question some of the choices that have been made but some good building blocks are there as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom