Through 8 games who is your MVP???? (1 Viewer)

Who is your first half MVP (players/coaches/Personnel)?

• Drew Brees

Votes: 69 75.0%
  • Peyton/Gibbs and the new coaching staff

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Deuce/Bush

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New LB's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marques Colston

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Mickey Loomis

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • O-Line

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mafiapetey

WHO DAT NATION
Reaction score
Who is the most valuable person (player/coach) through the first 8 games this season???

Brees, no doubt how much he upgrades that position on this team, on the feild and off

If we're talking about the annual MVP award here are my top three candidates in order:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. LaDanian Tomlinson

These top three are far and above any other possible candidate. There are two "darkhorse" candidates who have an outside chance as long as their teams win consistently:

4. Larry Johnson
5. Marc Bulger

No one else even belongs in the discussion, IMO.

Saints or the league?

Saints: Drew Brees
NFL: Peyton Manning

Coach of the year: Sean Payton

OROY: Marques Colston
DROY: Mark Anderson

Drew Brees is MVP.
Coach Payton is Coach of the Half Year.
Marques Colston is Offensive Rookie of the Half Year
Loomis is Executive of the Half Year

Clarify in the title that this is a Saints-only poll...Then make another Poll for the entire NFL because that's whole different discussion. The five candidates I listed should definitely be in the mix.

Drew Brees is making a case for MVP of the entire league. If he continues this level of play he may just pull it off.

It would be easy to say Drew Brees, and rightfully so. But with the way the defense has completely turned it around, especially up the middle (FS, CBs, DEs are the exact same from last year but NT, LBs, and SS are not) along with excellent gameplans outside of the start of the Ravens game, I have to give it to Sean Payton and the coaching staff. Brees can only do so much.

Don't forget that the Browns, Packers, Bucs (first game) and even the Eagles (before the 8:26 drive they had a chance) all had chances to go down the field and win the game or at least tie it up, and the defense stepped up in all of those games and just shut them down to seal the victory. I wonder how many people realize that halfway through the season, the defense is ranked 10th overall (less than 1 ypg outside of 9th)

Seems it all starts with coaching, and schemes to utilize the talent of individual players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom