Throwback: A Trip Down Memory Lane (2 Viewers)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was going through my old football card collections, and I pieced together something I got when I was a young lad....

SR, I present Your 1992 Saints!

20130210_102741_zps370add80.jpg

I was going through my old football card collections, and I pieced together something I got when I was a young lad....

Why are so many of the players not wearing their regular jersey numbers??? Rickey Jackson and Craig Heyward are both wearing 63, Sam Mills, Floyd Turner, and Quinn Early have single digit numbers (possibly 9), Morten Andersen and Steve Walsh have double digit numbers, Vaughn Johnson has a number in the teens, and there are several players wearing 66 (Gene Atkins, Joel Hilgenberg, Vince Buck and a couple of others). I know the pics were probably taken in the off season and the players didn't have access to their regular jerseys, but the card company did some bad planning to show partial numbers in the pics that are nowhere near the player's regular numbers.

Why are so many of the players not wearing their regular jersey numbers??? Rickey Jackson and Craig Heyward are both wearing 63, Sam Mills, Floyd Turner, and Quinn Early have single digit numbers (possibly 9), Morten Andersen and Steve Walsh have double digit numbers, Vaughn Johnson has a number in the teens, and there are several players wearing 66 (Gene Atkins, Joel Hilgenberg, Vince Buck and a couple of others). I know the pics were probably taken in the off season and the players didn't have access to their regular jerseys, but the card company did some bad planning to show partial numbers in the pics that are nowhere near the player's regular numbers.

It looks like they probably had generic jerseys to fit everyone when they took these pictures. These aren't official Pinnacle or Topps or Score cards, just some that were produced locally.

Sweet I still treasure the Vaughan Johnson card that I took from my brother. :9:

Rickey Jackson looks like he is about to lay someone out. Gotta love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom