Saints Thursday injury report (1 Viewer)

But if that’s the case, what’s the plan B? I can’t imagine they’d just stand pat after putting all the eggs in the Clowney basket. If you really expect Davenport to be unavailable, and you had 10mil plus a second round pick to spent on Clowney, I’m sure you could spend some lesser portion of that to acquire an upgrade on Trey Hendrickson, or at least someone to form a rotation/committee with him?

I think Hendrickson/Granderson is plan B. There’s nothing left in free agency that is really any better than those 2.

Hamstring injury. And he's listed as the backup to Marcus Williams. I guess P-Rob is the starting nickel.
It’ll be a combination of CJ and PRob williams ,while listed at CB is a S now in our system and that’s where he needs to be

Man I swear! Davenport again?! Like I understand these things happen. But he 100% needs to play Week 1. I have been in the camp that he was a great pick and have absolutly loved his play when he’s there. But if he’s a non factor on the bench the majority of the time, then it just can get so damn frustrating. We NEED contributors.

if this continues and he misses say the first 3 games this season. I would have to say maybe it is time to look to trade.

EDIT: I understand he’s coming back from injury but we need to ready to go sooner rather than later.

If we are throwing all the chips in this year, it’s time to think about trading a pick to someone for a DE. Davenports revolving door in the training room doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Time to find a solution. The guy just can’t be counted on.

And he is on the injury report with an elbow, not the linsfranc he was recovering from. He is a walking medical manual.

If we are throwing all the chips in this year, it’s time to think about trading a pick to someone for a DE. Davenports revolving door in the training room doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Time to find a solution. The guy just can’t be counted on.

And he is on the injury report with an elbow, not the linsfranc he was recovering from. He is a walking medical manual.

Agreed. ...and the Saints defense isn’t the same without Davenport and Anzalone (until he proves otherwise, it’s only a matter of time).
Best case scenario is that Granderson really is a gamer and holds down a DE spot
Very important that Bain, Elliss, or Hansen really breaks through and/or Kiko comes back and stays healthy

Boy... Davenport is a real disappointment. Starting the season with a hole at DE is not ideal.

I believe Davenport will end up on IR... and that’s why they tried so hard for Clowney

Jesus, hyperbolic much? If it was that bad, and the team was that desperate to fill in said hole, then they would've traded for someone. It's not that bad, and there's still a very real chance he's playing Week 1. Loomis has a Plan B, and then a Plan B for that Plan B. This team has options, and they know it. Regardless if Davenport is hurt or not.

Call me crazy, but seeing Dav with an elbow on the report looks better than foot. Hopefully it’s nothing too problematic. Truth is I think Hendrikson is a solid player, but he seems to wear down quickly. Hopefully Granderson can build on last season and those two make a decent rotation in the event Davenport isn’t quite ready, but I feel like he will play, although maybe not as many snaps for a few games.

If we were that desperate for DE help, we would’ve been seeking it way before 2 weeks before the season. We made a push for Clowney, and I wish we had signed him, but I don’t think it was pure desperation.

Can we at least let Davenport miss actual game time before we bag on him. Probably the same people that were completely wrong about Peat. I kept defending Peat and obviously the coaches agree.

Can we at least let Davenport miss actual game time before we bag on him. Probably the same people that were completely wrong about Peat. I kept defending Peat and obviously the coaches agree.
Uh that was exactly my point. If he misses week 1 and this continues then yes it’s time to think about looking at options....

people are anxious with him for good reason, and i would be interested to see, between Peat and Davenport, how many games each player payed in the their first few seasons? I think ultimately, based on pure human nature, that Davenport bring that big number 1 pick we traded for, that people are going to have anxiety seeing him continually on the injury report.

Uh that was exactly my point. If he misses week 1 and this continues then yes it’s time to think about looking at options....

people are anxious with him for good reason, and i would be interested to see, between Peat and Davenport, how many games each player payed in the their first few seasons? I think ultimately, based on pure human nature, that Davenport bring that big number 1 pick we traded for, that people are going to have anxiety seeing him continually on the injury report.

Davenport has missed 18.75% of regular season games in his first two seasons. Peat has also missed 18.75% of games in his first 5 years. This doesn't include any playoff misses.

It’ll be a combination of CJ and PRob williams ,while listed at CB is a S now in our system and that’s where he needs to be
I think he is listed as a FS on the depth chart now, and Josh Hill is listed as the starting fullback.

Why does it seem like people take Davenport's injuries personally? Like the guy is out there getting hurt on purpose. We have no idea what the injury is or to what extent he's hurt but people are talking about trading him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom