Thursday night flexing is now a thing (1 Viewer)

Isn’t this how it worked when TNF first started?

I’m sure I remember it didn’t start until the week after thanksgiving and they were always flexed games.

My memory could be wrong though.

I’m for and against it. Sure they can screw some teams, but I also don’t want to see hot garbage Thursday night games anymore
Even the good teams are trash on TNF.

The most entertaining game I watched last year was Colts vs Broncos on TNF. Twitter was on fire and it was amazingly amusing. Then RW leads the team down the field in overtime and threw one of the worst interceptions I’ve ever seen.

The most entertaining game I watched last year was Colts vs Broncos on TNF. Twitter was on fire and it was amazingly amusing. Then RW leads the team down the field in overtime and threw one of the worst interceptions I’ve ever seen.
Yes it seems like only one of the teams come to play, but I would rather see at least good teams on paper despite it being a lopsided affair.

I wish the NFL would get rid of Thursday night games for a Sunday morning primetime game. Just do 10am EST like the Euro games but every week. This keeps the solo game format, protects player safety, and ensures competitive/quality balance.

I listened to an entire interview from someone in the league FO about this a couple weeks ago. It’s more about the option to flex out of a garbage matchup later in the season once we find put who's who in the league since it can change year to year due to performance and injuries.

Maybe they'll flex important games off Thursday night through those weeks. I wouldn't mind a Chicago - Detroit TNF game if that means that a KC-Buf or something gets moved to sunday. I hate it when they take potentially good matchups and shove them into a TNF cluster

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom