Thursday night flexing is now a thing (1 Viewer)

I can't WAIT for the first time I buy airfare, accommodations, and tickets for a road game, only to see the game moved before my trip. That will be soooo sweeeet.

And to be clear, I actually like Thursday night games (the more football I get to watch, the better). But this is asinine. i'm guessing roughly two-thirds of fans with tickets to the affected games will have major scheduling conflicts. Flexing up or back a few hours is one thing; three DAYS is another... it's a giant middle finger to ticket holders in favor of corporate greed. Ridiculous.

It’s unclear at this point why New Orleans and Commanders changed their positions from “no” to “yes.” That’s a more significant move than a shift from abstention.

If any of those four teams had voted anything other than yes, the proposal would have failed. It’s possible there’s an interesting story or two to tell as to why the Commanders and Saints changed their positions. (And it’s probably we’re currently trying to find out what it is.)
Don't know about the Commanders, but the Saints probably got a "fingers crossed" deal for one of their Thursday games to be flexed to a Sunday game.

Sounds like the Saints were one of the teams to seal the vote. Profootball Talk Saints and Commanders change their votes
Quoting you because I want to
OIP.4Dj-TbhaAC5uGwXlkJ549wHaHa
the changing of the vote, not facepalm your post. I also want to add a mad emoji, :mad: but again not at your post, it's at the Saints' organization for giving into this garbage.

Don't know about the Commanders, but the Saints probably got a "fingers crossed" deal for one of their Thursday games to be flexed to a Sunday game.

Was thinking the same thing. We probably flipped our vote for self-serving purposes. This rule could only help us this year.

It's a shame that the NFL (I.E. "ownership") does not give a damn about the fact that both fans and the actual football people hate Thursday games.

So I can no longer make plans to go to games in weeks 13-17 because they could be moved to Thursday night…

I wish the NFL would get rid of Thursday night games for a Sunday morning primetime game. Just do 10am EST like the Euro games but every week. This keeps the solo game format, protects player safety, and ensures competitive/quality balance.
That makes to much sense, but the NFL can make an extra dollar doing it their way. Football will go the way of boxing soon. They will hit the margin of diminishing returns. The NFL became a fan killer, when it went from a play toy for multimillionaires. To becoming the largest and most profitable asset for the owners.

Isn’t this how it worked when TNF first started?

I’m sure I remember it didn’t start until the week after thanksgiving and they were always flexed games.

My memory could be wrong though.
No

it's a giant middle finger to ticket holders in favor of corporate greed. Ridiculous.
I guess I am in the minority on this one.

I understand this is brutal for ticket holders, but the nfl is making millions of tv viewers happier by having a better game in tv, which I am good with

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom