Thursday night flexing is now a thing (1 Viewer)

Since we already have two Thursday night games then I’ll guess we end up with two more after flexing, for 4 total. Great…

I think this could be easily solved by making some TNF games as "to be announced." Then announce the TNF teams at a later date. Why spend money promoting, and risking a teams fan wrath, by flexing at all. Just don't announce the teams till later, like they do for playoffs. This seems way to easy a solution. I am sure there is a reason why not.

Evidently preaseason flexing is now a thing too. The original schedule said the final preseason game vs Houston was Fri Aug 25 7pm. Now everything is saying Sun Aug 27 7pm.

I wish the NFL would get rid of Thursday night games for a Sunday morning primetime game. Just do 10am EST like the Euro games but every week. This keeps the solo game format, protects player safety, and ensures competitive/quality balance.
7am west coast...ick.

I think this could be easily solved by making some TNF games as "to be announced." Then announce the TNF teams at a later date. Why spend money promoting, and risking a teams fan wrath, by flexing at all. Just don't announce the teams till later, like they do for playoffs. This seems way to easy a solution. I am sure there is a reason why not.
The teams have to have travel set up, tickets, etc. And the teams want to know their schedule. Fans wrath will happen regardless, because now a Sunday game would swap to Thursday. Imagine out of town fans.

Your solution doesn't make it any better or worse.

The teams have to have travel set up, tickets, etc. And the teams want to know their schedule. Fans wrath will happen regardless, because now a Sunday game would swap to Thursday. Imagine out of town fans.

Your solution doesn't make it any better or worse.
We manage to get it together for the playoffs, not knowing in advance.

id feel bad for fans that travel out of town to see their team, and get screwed on flights and hotels, hopefully the nfl spoke to airlines and hotels about not screwing over fans. that could be an expensive change

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom