[Thursday Update: Winston not at practice] Winston not at practice. Taysom Hill taking QB snaps today.[Update 2: Rehabing Back, Ankle & Hip] (1 Viewer)

Entirely possible because IIRC we were hiring/promoting coordinators before we announced the HC. Why would any HC come into a situation where his staff was filled prior to him signing on.

Which confirms the "search" was a sham and it was going to be DA all along.

Who was doing that? Loomis?

Allen was announced on Feb 7th. Carmichael was announced over a week later and Richard and Nielsen, later in the month.

Not sure if you are watching the same game, but TH has had 7 carries for 95 yards for an average of 13.57 yards per run. Take out that 57 yarder and add in his 1 catch for 2 yards you now have 7 touches for 40 yards for an avg of 5.7 per touch. Not seeing how you call that getting "snuffed out instantly".

I wasn't limiting my sample size to that one game. Also, I didn't say he has a crappy yards per touch average. I was pointing out that the element of surprise has been fading for some time now so he has been getting stuffed in the backfield more frequently now than during his first couple years with us.

Yep...I was definitely wrong. Thanks

I think reality is that the Saints weren't the most attractive job opening. Pederson and McDaniel, two of the names who get thrown around a lot on this board, both were hired by their respective teams before Allen was announced as Payton's replacement. We know the team was interested in Pederson and brought him in to interview. It's assumed, by some, that they weren't interested in McDaniel, but I'd need to see confirmation of that. I think it's at least a possiblity that an initial inquiry could have been made, but McDaniel had his own preferences to work through, and ended up taking the Miami job.

It's reported that the Saints also spent an extended time with Bienemy, and that they reached out to nine candidates and interviewed six of them.

MT not in attendance, Landry and TQS present but limited. The Saints added Keith Kirkwood too. Early indication from Underhill is that Jarvis and TQS would be in the mix to play from MT perhaps less likely.

Nice to see Kirkwood back. He was developing just fine and followed Brady to Carolina where that didn't pan out. Then last season got cheap shotted in the first practice so bad the DB got cut on the spot. He knows the system and a nice depth piece.

I think they may finally sitting be him so that he can heal and rest. Thank you!

I deal with hip flexor problems and I do water therapy and it's still not really getting 100%. It affects me standing and walking. I can't run so I can tell you Winston was definitely pushing through some stuff.

Glad he is resting, but it may not be fully healed even with therapy this year. Hip flexor takes time to get right.

Yikes... Mayes, Peat and MT are OUT.

I honestly don't expect a great game.
The who;e left side of the O Line is out. Our starting CB and Safety are out. Kamara is beat up and should probably be held out, two of starting WRs are either out or doubtful. Our starting QB is out and his backup is going to be fearing for his life by the 2nd quarter.

Think I'll find something else to do.

It probably is a good idea to sit Winston with Thomas and Peat out. They would be asking for something horrible to happen if they allowed him to play this weekend without 2 key starters.

I wasn't limiting my sample size to that one game. Also, I didn't say he has a crappy yards per touch average. I was pointing out that the element of surprise has been fading for some time now so he has been getting stuffed in the backfield more frequently now than during his first couple years with us.
I'm not limiting my sample size to the 1 game either, those numbers are for the season (which is 2 games since he didn't play in Car). How can you say he is getting stuffed in the backfield if he is averaging over 5 yards per touch after taking out a 57 yard run?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom