Ticket donation for first responders (1 Viewer)

I just donated mine. I will NEVER FORGET, that sunny afternoon. It was October 17, 1971. I turned 7 that day, and was so excited about my Saints game! Pops had gotten tickets from one of his buddies, Mr. Fred, who sold beer at Saints games in Tulane Stadium. We were in the north end zone, but were only 3 rows off the field. Saw Al Dodd run a punt back, as if he was running right at me!! Dang shame Al "ran out of gas" at the 9 yard line!!! (Couldn't get up and run back if you weren't touched in those days) Anywho, our SAINTS beat the Cowgirls that day for our VERY FIRST VICTORY over them in franchise history!! We had this red head qb, who was a rookie from Ole Miss, and he could scramble like crazy!! The Cowboys coach, some Landry guy, couldn't decide if he wanted his quarterback to be Craig Morten, or some guy from Navy with a funny last name. Star struck, may it was Staubuck, or Staubach? Any way, the Kid went to the Navy. ;)
The Cowboys also had this REALLY fast Hayes guy at WR, and some Ditka guy at TE. Walt "Skoal Brother" Garrison was there too, along with rb Duane Thomas. A LOT of pretty good players! However, the SAINTS WON!!!!!! Point is, It's an AWESOME EXPERIENCE just to watch some Hall of Fame players play a game, EVEN if they pay for the OTHER team! WHO DAT! I hope my tickets create another WHO DAT, just like what happened to me! Been an Saints ADDICT, since my first game almost 45 years ago!!!! I will driving back the Monday from the Carolina game on my 52nd birthday. I'm NOT going to let anyone know my birthday wish.......
Representing the 646 proudly!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom