Ticket Exchange and the Obnoxious Fan (2 Viewers)

The two seats in front of me are always up for sale. Thankfully, this game there were Saints fans in them. The guy for the Oakland game was an indescribable, over-the-top jerk (that is the most forum-safe description I could come up with). For the Atlanta game there was a cordial couple. Before the games start, I try to strike up a friendly conversation with opposing fans and that usually keeps things fun for the game. And it works the majority of the time. Even the Oakland pair we were having a good conversation with them until the game started and the guy was like a split personality.

Personally, when I read this the first time, I liked it. However, there is a small group of season ticket holders that live a significant distance from NOLA that sell half or more of their seats every so often to help pay for their travel costs (while maintaining their season ticket holder status).

I'm guilty of this. I'm also guilty of selling my terrace tickets in July and on gameday buying tickets in the 300's or 100's for half face 30 mins before game time.

Don't worry. Lots of tickets are selling for less then face right now, this will drive the brokers out. I would guess next year and the year after there will be more and more tickets given up.

I like it, but....
I never use my real tickets, I keep the book.
You don't have to replace the barcode when you reprint. And I'm sure even if you just print at home and do change the barcode, that can be accounted for. I'm talking about looking into the rate at which you transfer your ticket and invalidate the original through something like ticket exchange.

But like I said, I don't think the team or nfl minds as they make money on both sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Non-issue..........or, at worst, a self-correcting issue that will mostly resolve itself via winning.

When I attended Saints home games during the absolute peak of Saints-mania..........i.e. 2009 - 2011.........there were never times that I didn't notice a solid collection of the opponent's fanbase. And it wasn't just those slightly more local fanbases, such as Dallas or Houston. Pretty much every fanbase had a solid representation.

I view it like this.....they're in the city.....they're spending money on things that locals may or may not bother with (hotels and restaurants, whereas locals may just drive to the game and then back home)......and we could use the tax dollars.

Non-issue..........or, at worst, a self-correcting issue that will mostly resolve itself via winning.

When I attended Saints home games during the absolute peak of Saints-mania..........i.e. 2009 - 2011.........there were never times that I didn't notice a solid collection of the opponent's fanbase. And it wasn't just those slightly more local fanbases, such as Dallas or Houston. Pretty much every fanbase had a solid representation.

I view it like this.....they're in the city.....they're spending money on things that locals may or may not bother with (hotels and restaurants, whereas locals may just drive to the game and then back home)......and we could use the tax dollars.

I don't have a problem with opposing fans. But I do have a problem with season ticket holders using their tickets as a for profit business. It's just sort of slimy when you've got tens of thousands of fans who'd like the opportunity to own season tickets.

I don't have a problem with opposing fans. But I do have a problem with season ticket holders using their tickets as a for profit business. It's just sort of slimy when you've got tens of thousands of fans who'd like the opportunity to own season tickets.

There are several seasons where that was probably the case......but pretty much since midseason of 2014, I doubt very many Saints games have been overly profitable.

I remember buying a ticket to Saints/Ravens on MNF............there was a time when a primetime night game in New Orleans would START at like 150......I got my ticket for like 75 or 80.

I looked the other day at Panthers/Saints prices.....at one point some were going for 44/45 bucks. Obviously it might be a different story if they start stringing together more consecutive wins......but for now, I imagine anyone who has been doing it strictly for profit has probably been losing patience (and money) for a few seasons.

seattle comes into town in 2 weeks...

Yeah...it looks like this is the road game to which most Seahawk fans chose to travel. I would be very surprised if anyone caused any problems though.

I got my tix from Ticket exchange...I am really looking forward to the visit and the game.

I know yall are saying its just because we are bad, but there is a significant waiting list of saints fans that would love those tickets and show up in support of our team. Tickets sold by brokers reflect the current record and state of competitiveness of the team but its not like there aren't enough fans to replace some of these brokers. I know there are fans that want season tickets for a couple games and might sell some of their other ticketts to make up the cost but i really don't like the idea of people trying to use any ticket to swing a profit, thus i have no problems with and respect the Dolphins solution. If you live far away and want to attend a game there are always tickets available maybe less with thi solution but there will still be a number available.

I find what Miami is doing interesting.

I understand that not everyone can attend every game. I understand that those who pay a great deal for season tickets may elect to sell tickets to certain games to recoup a portion of their season ticket payment.

And I understand that winning cures much; and that, if the team starts winning, fewer fans will sell their tickets, and more will attend the games instead or have friends who will readily accept the offer of tickets.

But at some point, the outsized presence of visiting team fans hurts not only home field advantage, but game-day experience. And when the game-day experience is adversely affected, the likelihood of season-ticket holders to renew their tickets goes down. And at some point--some point--those selling tickets bear some responsibility for the conduct of those using their tickets.

Along with being a Saints fan, I'm a Devils fan with hockey, and our team has tried to bounce season ticket holders who just resell their seats. Seems like less visitors come to The Rock (as we call our home arena, the Prudential Center).

New England has a unique method of handling Ticket Exchange sales. In 2013 the wife and I contemplated catching a game on the road and combine it with vacation. We had never been to the Boston area.

I got online at the Pats website. I went to the exchange only to find out that I had to be a season ticket holder or on their season ticket waiting list to make a ticket purchase. I checked to see what was involved in signing up on the waiting list. It required putting down a $100 deposit per season ticket request. That all pretty much shot me down. I checked in on Stub Hub and the ticket prices, for the few tickets they had, were outrageous.

Since the Saints have a waiting list for season tickets, maybe they could try the same procedure.

people don't like businesses and brokers owning tickets, but when the Saints were doing poorly before SP and Brees, they were the main reason the game was on TV..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

people don't like businesses and brokers owning tickets, but when the Saints were doing poorly before SP and Brees, they were the main reason the game was on TV..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
This is a logical fallacy.

Brokers may have indeed kept the Saints on TV during the bad years due to the black out rule. Though I do have my doubts as to how relevant they were as I think the Saints actively marketed large ticket purchases to companies as advertising value.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the current situation, which includes a waiting list of tens of thousands of actual individuals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

As an out of state (VA) diehard fan and season ticket holder I have to admit.... I attend about two or three games a season and sell the rest on Ticket Exchange. I used to have a family of Saints fans that bought all of the games I wasn't able to attend but they had personal issues and can no longer buy them. Now I list them on Ticket Exchange. BDM

I have more empathy for people like Blue Dog than businesses that routinely sell their tickets. But at a certain point, I favor what Miami and New England are doing. Ultimately, winning addresses the concern. Locals can buy the tickets on the secondary market. Where are the people on the season-ticket waiting list?

And when Brees finally leaves, one wonders what will happen to the season-ticket base and the vaunted waiting list.

I only know that if my experience on Sunday happens again, I am ready to call out the business that sells its tickets next to us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom