ticket relocation (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't expect it this year since the 4,300 displaced season ticket holders are supposed to be taken care of first.

I wouldn't expect it this year since the 4,300 displaced season ticket holders are supposed to be taken care of first.
Thanks! You're probably right....I just couldn't remember the time frame that is usually happens. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks! You're probably right....I just couldn't remember the time frame that is usually happens. Thanks for the reply.

I think it's usually happened by now but I think they're just going to be busy with that situation this year and offer any available tickets to those people.

I just checked my email. It was mid-April last year.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

There will be no relocations, my man.

There are 4,300 displaced loyal, long-term season ticket holders.

Renewals were in the "high 90s," so let's say 97%, which out of 72,000 seats is 2,160 available seats, at absolute most. Many of these will be singles and doubles scattered all over the Dome, but will probably get lapped up anyway. Rather than either sit by themselves or pay up for what will likely be available but very expensive club sideline loge seats, a number of folks will just say adios, but not all. There will be some folks who would even take those singles and doubles in high terrace but won't be able to.

A lot of what they've been saying, IMHO, is industrial-grade *******. They've known for a long time exactly how many seats were lost in the construction, and exactly how many seats weren't renewed. They don't make any false statements, they just don't tell the whole truth.

None of this was done with the fans of hte team in mind. It was done under duress from the NFL, which only wants more suites to sell at $2MM a pop for the Super Bowls we'll get every 5-6 years.

This franchise has enough trouble selling suites for the regular season.

If you think any of this happened other than at the point of a gun, and that not a soul in Park Avenue gives even less of a damn than they did before COVID, you'd perhaps best sit down because I have some news.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

There will be no relocations, my man.

There are 4,300 displaced loyal, long-term season ticket holders.

Renewals were in the "high 90s," so let's say 97%, which out of 72,000 seats is 2,160 available seats, at absolute most. Many of these will be singles and doubles scattered all over the Dome, but will probably get lapped up anyway. Rather than either sit by themselves or pay up for what will likely be available but very expensive club sideline loge seats, a number of folks will just say adios, but not all. There will be some folks who would even take those singles and doubles in high terrace but won't be able to.

A lot of what they've been saying, IMHO, is industrial-grade *******. They've known for a long time exactly how many seats were lost in the construction, and exactly how many seats weren't renewed. They don't make any false statements, they just don't tell the whole truth.

None of this was done with the fans of hte team in mind. It was done under duress from the NFL, which only wants more suites to sell at $2MM a pop for the Super Bowls we'll get every 5-6 years.

This franchise has enough trouble selling suites for the regular season.

If you think any of this happened other than at the point of a gun, and that not a soul in Park Avenue gives even less of a damn than they did before COVID, you'd perhaps best sit down because I have some news.
I think that’s the best description I’ve seen so far of what went down…..other than maybe the “hahahaha”.

That wasn’t a laugh at you, I don’t think. But instead it was an evil sinister laugh from the league. BDM
Certainly no offense intended to an SR brother.

Believe me, if I wanted to offend somebody, it would be unambiguous. :hihi:

Noah now says "early July window."
Claims waiting on outstanding payments.
I told him that was always taken care of in April in all the prior years for at least the past decade.

I asked if there's a chance it could be pushed into late July or even August. Says there's always a chance but he was told July.
I told him that for the past 2 months I've been told May, then late May, Then early June, then mid-June, then late June.
AND now, "early July window."

Izza pizzd!!

Much ado about nothing, there won’t be any relocating for anybody except those who lost seats. No way there will be 4,300 non-renewals.

It absolutely bums me out for all of you who not only lost seats but are being strung along on the relocation effort. It's a bad look for the team and really a slap in the face to one of the best fanbases in the world.

I totally understand how they can't rightly move folks into new seats when they still don't know who is renewing or not until all payments are accounted for, but there has to have been a more proactive way they could have handled this.

Perhaps putting a firm renewal date on all tickets? Basically once you've made the first payment, they will chase you for weeks looking for the second payment before refunding the money paid and releasing seats. I know...it's happened to me before.

Perhaps they could have made an accelerated "paid in full" schedule for existing holders?

I just think there should have been numerous avenues that could have made the impacted holders feel cared for while still giving existing holders ample time to pay in full.

I'm bummed that the ticket office is playing dumb and stringing everyone along when it wasn't the STH's faults their seats were eliminated. It's a shame and very disappointing.

It absolutely bums me out for all of you who not only lost seats but are being strung along on the relocation effort. It's a bad look for the team and really a slap in the face to one of the best fanbases in the world.

I totally understand how they can't rightly move folks into new seats when they still don't know who is renewing or not until all payments are accounted for, but there has to have been a more proactive way they could have handled this.

Perhaps putting a firm renewal date on all tickets? Basically once you've made the first payment, they will chase you for weeks looking for the second payment before refunding the money paid and releasing seats. I know...it's happened to me before.

Perhaps they could have made an accelerated "paid in full" schedule for existing holders?

I just think there should have been numerous avenues that could have made the impacted holders feel cared for while still giving existing holders ample time to pay in full.

I'm bummed that the ticket office is playing dumb and stringing everyone along when it wasn't the STH's faults their seats were eliminated. It's a shame and very disappointing.
Part of the issue now is that there are seats that are definitely eliminated and then seats that are possibly eliminated. The seats that are definitely gone, are not coming back. But there are peripheral seats around those seats that were removed to have working space, with the possibility that some of those seats could become permanent if those areas are needed for "structural support." (Think about what potentially happens when doing home renovations and coming across unexpected issues that alters plans.) Those seats were included in the 4300 number. The work is a little bit behind, from what I understand, because of a delay in funding due to reduced revenue from the impacts of Covid. They expected to know back in May exactly which peripheral seats would come back and which ones have been eliminated. With that work still incomplete, they don't have an accurate count. They can't start relocating people until they know for certain, because, say for example one of those peripheral seat people gets relocated to an inferior seat, then they find out their seats are actually still there, that would create a problem. I had the opportunity to buy some nosebleed seats (I was 2nd row corner terrace) from an acquaintance who decided not to renew and I'm sort of regretting passing on them now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom