Ticket Scalping 101 (1 Viewer)

Kenosha26

Veteran
Reaction score
I really want to go to the 49ers game this weekend, and am thinking about trying to get them from some ticket scalpers outside. I have never done this before, and was wondering what to look for or be aware of.

1)How do you know if the tickets are real? (I have heard of some fakes at the MNF game)
2)How easy are they to get?
3) What time do they start selling them?
4) What would be an average price for 4 tickets anywhere in the 600 level?

Any info would be great, I appreciate my fellow Saint fans.

Geaux Saints and that number 1 offense...

Hope this helps

1 I don't know how to tell if they are real or fake

2 It couldn't be any easier...people are holding them up all over the place. If I were looking I wouls venture 5-6 blocks away from the dome, less crowds and hoopla

3 I've seen them at 9:00 am on game day

I would think $35-$45 per ticker for the 600 level

good luck

if you're in NO during the week call the ticket office at the training facility. When I was there for the Eagles game people were getting tickets the Friday before the game.

I have not seen that many tickets for sale outside the dome but I have seen a few toward the $20 parking lots around Poydras. Do you remember the good old days (2004), when you could get 2 tickets on the street, parking, lunch, and 2 dome beers for under $100.00. Boy I sure don't miss those days.....

You could also try ticketmaster.com. If there are none available now, there may be some released closer to game day.

When you go out this Sunday, make sure you are not on Superdome property when you buy them. If you are seen by the law, you could go to jail. It's only legal away from the dome. Try the French Quarter or stay four city blocks away from the SD. You should be good. Prepare to pay at least $80 to $150 per ticket though. The Saints are winning!

On my walk from St. Charles to the Superdome down Poydras, I always see plenty of people selling tickets. Some say they are looking to buy but they have a stack in their hands to sell. Personally I wouldn't buy any of these tickets because of the new rules where you can sell your tickets online. The tickets then are emailed to the buyer and the original tickets are no longer valid. I would think this creates a big problem.

ygpm, and i know somebody that bought fake tix for the MNF. Not a good crowd out there.

i just checked the saints website ticket exchange. you can get tickets quite readily for reasonable prices, it appears. especially in the 600 sections. try there asap to have a timely exchange by game day.
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/

We've gotten tickets for my friends for 3 different games now (all 600 level, max price: $50, min price: $30), for a total of 5 tickets.

We always just park for free on the street on the other side of Claiborne (there's an unused lot near the projects... and I think it's safe, I park there every day and then walk to Tulane Med School) and then walk toward the Dome up LaSalle St. There are normally guys trying to sell tickets there and then in front of the Dome. Our best deals have been either with guys that know that they should just get rid of the ticket or people who are just trying to sell one or two tickets (not the guys who are riding around on bikes or standing on street corners and yelling).

... and I wouldn't worry too much about the admonition not to buy tickets directly in front of the Dome. I've bought my last two street tickets on Dome property. Good luck! =)

I have not seen that many tickets for sale outside the dome but I have seen a few toward the $20 parking lots around Poydras. Do you remember the good old days (2004), when you could get 2 tickets on the street, parking, lunch, and 2 dome beers for under $100.00. Boy I sure don't miss those days.....

lol.. I remember the days of elbow room an easy parking.... all noon games.... no night games.....

don't miss em....................................

I would think it would be safer to have the entrance verify the tickets are legit before exchanging $$$?

Take a friend with you who has tickets. Or speak to a Saints fan who has legit tickets to go with you for comparison. We are all in the same boat so they will understand and help you out. Saints fans are nice and good people!

The best thing is to buy them via SR. There are a couple of guys who can help you.

... and I wouldn't worry too much about the admonition not to buy tickets directly in front of the Dome. I've bought my last two street tickets on Dome property. Good luck! =)

Before the Cinn game, some plain clothes cops had a guy in handcuffs for scalping on Dome property.

I will give you my tickets for a 50 dollar donation to a Nawlins charity and 15 to Andrus and SR.com. PM me if interested. I can email them to you or anyone else.

Rob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom