Ticket Strategy Question (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've had season tickets for many years but for Monday night I need 4 extras. I plan to go thru Ticket Exchange for safety purposes, but my question is whether ticket prices typically tank right before the game, or if I should lock up tickets today? Prices have certainly come down over the last few weeks, I just don't want to wait too long.

For years, I have watched thousands of fans stream in 5 minutes after kickoff and I assume they waited until the last minute to buy cheap tickets. Maybe we just have a lot of late fans.

Thoughts?

Ive seen people panic sell on craigslist but lots of scams on there.

Ticketexchange never really see that last ditch effort to sell cheap.

Well they certainly won't go UP before kickoff, so it seems to me you probably don't have much to lose by waiting, unless there is a particular location you see you must have right now.

It depends on how the seller has their tickets listed on the exchange. Some people do "market price" which automatically adjusts the ticket price by an average based on recent sales. You can spot those because they are typically the prices that aren't rounded numbers.
For example, if you see tix priced at $65 a piece, you are probably looking at fixed pricing. If you see tix priced at $64.26, then you are usually looking at someone who is set for an automatically adjusted price. Which means it could go down further.

It's always a risk to try and buy at the bare bottom price, because though cheaper, you run the risk of not finding tix. However, demand for tix to Saints games is as low as it's been in the Brees era. I was unable to go to the Raiders game and posted my tix (2 seats at the 50 in the Terrace). They were posted for 4 days at fixed price 25% below face value and they did not sell due to the high volume of tickets on the market.

You'll probably find what you need on the exchange.

Empty seats

Seems like every game around national anthem time the dome is half empty and I start wondering about no-shows, then like magic, the place is totally full 5 minutes after kickoff. Not an empty seat in sight.

Seems like every game around national anthem time the dome is half empty and I start wondering about no-shows, then like magic, the place is totally full 5 minutes after kickoff. Not an empty seat in sight.

Just late arrivals, or I should say, "on time arrivals"...fans outside tailgating or at Champions Square or hanging in the club rooms for pregame, etc. Most veteran ticket holders have their timing perfected to be able to sit just in time for the kickoff.

Also keep in mind that not everyone is a hardcore fan like those of us here. Some people simply don't care if they miss the first few plays of the game or the first few plays of the third quarter.

Just late arrivals, or I should say, "on time arrivals"...fans outside tailgating or at Champions Square or hanging in the club rooms for pregame, etc. Most veteran ticket holders have their timing perfected to be able to sit just in time for the kickoff.

Also keep in mind that not everyone is a hardcore fan like those of us here. Some people simply don't care if they miss the first few plays of the game or the first few plays of the third quarter.
I think part of it is the security measures put in place over the last couple of years. I used to be able to park 20 minutes before the game and still get to my seat on time. I need at least 45 now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Face value of the tickets have changed this year. It used to be x amount for every ticket and now it's rated by importance of the game so my $80 tickets are now between $125-$150 for a Monday night game (I'm too lazy to look up the price of the Atlanta game). I'm sure scalpers will be trying to get face value for this game.

You can check Ticket Exchange and Stubhub. Compare prices of the eDelivery tickets. I would think this game will have a much lower demand than usual for many factors, not the least of which is the WWE match on every other network.

I prefer Stubhub over Ticketexchange and it's just as safe. But for Stubhub I do notice prices drop the day before and day off. I buy concert tickets by getting the tickets late and will do the same for Saints road games. It's usually emailed tickets so can get them instantly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom