Ticketing questions.. (1 Viewer)

LordBane

Bigger than you!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have honestly tried to google this a couple times kin a couple different ways but i cant seem to find a reasonable answer online. What % of the tickets for a typical Saints game are season ticket holders versus just a standard stand alone game day ticket? I realize that a playoff game is a different situation but can you just walk up off the street gameday and buy a ticket from a box office? Does anyone know how far back the waiting list for season tickets is? Thank you in advance and Geaux Saints!

I believe the Dome is pretty sold out to Season Ticket holders. The best way to get a legit ticket is through the Seat Geek App. That's what all the season ticket holders use.

You can get a ticket right now to the Playoff game under $500. My tickets are in the Terrace and face value is about $200 each. I was charged $432 for the pair.

Have no idea on the waiting list. But every year season tickets do come available but its usually high dollar tickets. I know lots of people on the list have been called but the tickets that come available are way too expensive for them.

I believe the Dome is pretty sold out to Season Ticket holders. The best way to get a legit ticket is through the Seat Geek App. That's what all the season ticket holders use.

Have no idea on the waiting list. But every year season tickets do come available but its usually high dollar tickets. I know lots of people on the list have been called but the tickets that come available are way to expensive for them.

@LordBane can actually use TicketMaster Ticket Exchange as well. While the Saints official service provider is SeatGeek, the league's official vendor for resale is TicketMaster. When we decide to sell seats, we have to do it in SeatGeek, but SeatGeek places it on Ticket Exchange.

@LordBane can actually use TicketMaster Ticket Exchange as well. While the Saints official service provider is SeatGeek, the league's official vendor for resale is TicketMaster. When we decide to sell seats, we have to do it in SeatGeek, but SeatGeek places it on Ticket Exchange.

Correct. Either one is safe. I've really liked Seat Geek and I wasn't looking forward to change. But I think the SeatGeek app works better than the Ticket Exchange, at least on my phone it does.

I honestly think the "waiting list" for season tickets is mostly a myth. I do believe there is a list, but there are usually seats "available" to the list memberd in the season ticket buying season BUT those that are available are the most expensive tickets in the Dome. Many people are on the "list" but they want tickets for a reasonable price, not over $300 per ticket per game, which is what is mostly "available" in the open season ticket buying period.

I have just about the highest priority to buy tickets every year since my active account goes back to 1967 and this year, as in years past, there were hundreds of season tickets available at the beginning of the season ticket buying period, but the VAST majority were very expensive tickets. This last year there were just a few dozen Terrace seats available, but hundreds of Bunker Club seats available. These were $300+ per ticket per game.

The Saints know who I am. I have moved from 50 Yard Line Section Plaza to Loge End Zone to 50 yard line Terrace over the last several years. I LOVE my current seats and would not move anywhere else in the stadium.

Outside of buying from the secondary market (Seat Geek, NFL Ticket Exchange, Stubhub, ect.), the only way to obtain single game tickets is from the allotment of tickets the NFL requires each team to be made available for the visiting team. The visiting team is required to return those that are unsold a few days before the game where they are then made available to the general public for purchase from the Saints.

If the visiting team sells their entire allotment of tickets the home team has provided, then none are returned and the only way to purchase tickets is from the secondary market sites.

I wouldn't call the waiting list a myth. I'd call it a partial myth. Season Tickets do become available every year, but most of them suck. If any good ones come up, they are offered to existing season ticket holders first, resulting in the folks on the waiting list getting either nothing, or sucky tickets......meaning extremely expensive tickets on very high rows, or singles. If you are on the waiting list waiting for aisle seats on the 10th row with a perfect view, then the waiting list is a very very real thing.

Agree, I called it a partial myth. I would guess that most people on the season ticket waiting list don't want seats that are over $300 per seat per game.

Regarding seats for this game, I would suggest Seat Geak and NFL Ticket Exchange. They won't be cheap. I suspect that few people will sell their tickets for anything close to face value. Some tickets might be for "sale" at a high price, but if price is not meet, the people will go to the game. Not sure what my "price" would be to sell my tickets this week..... Probably a price nobody would even consider paying. I wouldn't take $5K each for my seats this week.

i was on the waiting list since 2006 after i got married and started my career. got the call in 2009 for seats that were $2150 each for the season. i couldn't swing $4300 for tickets. so turned them down. they called back in 2013 i believe. about the same story, cant rem the exact price. then they called back this year with the cheapest seats in the dome. i immediately gave him my debit info and bought them. $848 after the fee for 2 tickets. i'll be there sunday for my FIRST NFCCG in section 623. WHO DAT?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom