Tickets, SeatGeek and Game Entry Update (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
From the horse's mouth, got this today from the ticket office. You gotta have the hard paper tickets, or use an app on a mobile device. No printing of tickets any more. Not great if you don't want to lug a mobile device into the game, but not surprised.....

Per the new NFL policy, PDF print-at-home tickets have been eliminated. This is being mandated by the league to protect the integrity of the bar code, enhancing safeguards against fraud and counterfeit tickets.

✔ If you or your “sharepartners” are not using official commemorative tickets for entrance to the Superdome, you’ll need to access and scan your tickets with your mobile device. (This also applies to people who receive forwarded tickets or those who buy tickets on NFL-approved secondary markets.) Mobile entry is fast, convenient and secure

I just assumed everyone would bring their smartphones with them but I think this is cool because if you forget your ticket you can use the phone and have them scan it.

So I used the Seatgeek website to send them to my sisters email. Will that work? Does she just have to download them to an app or do I have to scan my tickets or something?

@BuffaloSaint I think she has to download the app.

I am fine with mobile entry. But I would have preferred to have the option of a printed copy of the PDF'ed ticket as well. What if your phone dies and you have to get back to your section? What if the signal is so jammed you cannot open the ticket? I expect that we will have some hiccups in the first game, but I hope we don't.

Also, does anyone else keep all the original tickets in-tact as a "keepsake" of sorts, or is that just me?

Yeah I’m not ripping any physical tickets this year, just gonna use my phone and frame those bad boys

@BuffaloSaint I think she has to download the app.

I am fine with mobile entry. But I would have preferred to have the option of a printed copy of the PDF'ed ticket as well. What if your phone dies and you have to get back to your section? What if the signal is so jammed you cannot open the ticket? I expect that we will have some hiccups in the first game, but I hope we don't.

Also, does anyone else keep all the original tickets in-tact as a "keepsake" of sorts, or is that just me?

@hooha23 It's simple. Just take a screenshot of the mobile ticket in the app (might be an option in the app to do so). That's what I've always done and there were never any issues.

@hooha23 It's simple. Just take a screenshot of the mobile ticket in the app (might be an option in the app to do so). That's what I've always done and there were never any issues.
not sure if seatgeek is the same. but i went to a concert friday night using the AXS app and the QR code changes every few minutes. so a "screen shot" wouldnt allow you to get in. but would allow you to look at your phone to rem what seat was yours.

Yeah I’m not ripping any physical tickets this year, just gonna use my phone and frame those bad boys
I've never used any of the actual tickets that get mailed to me by the ticket office. Every year I save them so I can frame the entire lot, once we win the Superbowl. Unfortunately, we haven't won since I became a season ticket holder.

not sure if seatgeek is the same. but i went to a concert friday night using the AXS app and the QR code changes every few minutes. so a "screen shot" wouldnt allow you to get in. but would allow you to look at your phone to rem what seat was yours.

Wow, changing QR codes on the fly. I guess they really are relying on people having mobile data access/coverage right at the entrance gate. I wonder if these venues will set up secure free WiFi so that customers can get their tickets in case their cell phone providers has a bad coverage area at the entrance to the venue? A bad person with a jamming device (which is very illegal) could shut down access to an event pretty easily.

A bit of editorializing and a public service announcement. If you use email and social media, I would strongly suggest you set up two-step authentication/verification for your accounts in your security settings. If you ever lose control of your accounts, it is darn near impossible to get them back or to get the hacked account deleted.

I have always gone the screenshot route for airline boarding passes, etc. I hope this does not change also. I don't know if the Saints Tickets QR code will change. Somebody should try the screenshot route and report back after the game.

I had just decided last year to leave the mobile device behind and not be tempted to mess with it during the game. I understand their intent but I can see some hiccups the first few games. I’m bringjng the paper tickets and plan to get their a bit earlier than usual. I can see some long lines as people sort through this at the gate.

I did this all last year through the Saints app and never had any issues with the app not opening or loading my tickets. I've saved my tickets for years and now I love being able to just leave them home and not worry about them getting bent up or damaged.

I'm guessing the Dome's WiFi signal is pretty good at the gate.

This would explain why I didn't have the option to print my tickets that I bought from NFL Exchange for the opener. I was kinda annoyed about it as I got 6 tickets and some people like to be late and I couldn't hand them the paper ticket before hand. I did find the option to send the tickets to the other people's phone.

Not sure why the Saints waited until less than 48 hours before the game to spring this news via email. They should have sent this with the tickets at least. I wonder if this is going to slow down entry at the games.

Bought a ticket off Ticketmaster today since I'm going to be in the CBD after work anyways. They said at purchase that I have to download the app and scan my ticket that way. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom