Tidbits - Game 5 2009 vs. New York Giants (1 Viewer)

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
Tidbits
These are "stats" I decided to count during the game and will try to continue to keep a running tally for the season. There are 4 categories: offense, defense, ST, and miscellaneous.

Offense

Dropped Passes - 0

Forced Dropped Passes - 0 - Receptions the opposing defense knocks from our WR's hands

Passes into Double (or more) Coverage - 1
-Completion to Moore off Corey Webster tip

OL Missed Blocks - 0 - Blocks completely missed by the OL where it's obvious what the OL was doing

20-yard Plays - 6
P. Thomas - 1
Meachem - 2
Colston - 2
Moore - 1

40-yard Plays - 1
Colston - 1

4-Minute Offensive Drives
3 out of 12 possessions, longest was 7:41

Points Scored off Turnovers
7 (scored by offense)

3-and-outs
3 - 2 due to running out the clock

Defense

Forced Dropped Passes on Defense - 2 - Receptions our defense knocks from the opposing WR's hands
Greer - 1
Porter - 1

Passes Deflected - 6
Greer - 1
Porter - 2
Ellis - 1
Sharper - 2

20-yard plays Allowed - 2
Hakeem Nicks - 1
Steve Smith - 1

40-yard Plays Allowed - 1
Hakeem Nicks - 1

3-and-outs Forced

Points Allowed due to Defense - Calculates points the defense should be responsible for

Points Allowed due to Others - Calculates points the defense should NOT be responsible for

-3 scored after 45-yard KR by Dominick Hixon - drive started on the 50
-7 scored after 68-yard KR by Dominick Hixon - drive started on the NO 37

ST

Good ST Plays - 1
-58-yard punt by Morstead

Bad ST Plays - 5
-45-yard KR by Dominick Hixon
-68-yard KR by Dominick Hixon
-27-yard PR by Dominick Hixon
-24-yard PR by Dominick Hixon
-Blocked EP allowed

Miscellaneous

BS Calls - 0 - Calls that make you scream "Bull****"

Our Challenges
0 for 1

Their Challenges
1 for 2

Analysis
The offense killed a supposedly #1 defense and showed how the Giants built that ranking off bottom-tier teams. Zero turnovers, only 1 3-and-out before garbage time, 7 total big plays, and a ton of TDs.

The defense was just as good as the offense before garbage time. All 3 of the Giants' big plays came in the 4th quarter with the score already 41-17. We were making their receivers battle for every catch and it resulted in a lot of deflected passes. While they did allow 27 points, 10 came off bad ST plays, and another 7 came with our backups in. Our starting defense allowed only 10 that they should hold all responsibility for.

The STs was horrible. Only 1 good play, a punt by Morstead, and it was negated by a good return. We couldn't corral Hixon for anything. Luckily it didn't matter but it could've played a big part in a close game. Gotta get that fixed.

Last edited:
Forced Dropped Passes on Defense - 1 - Receptions our defense knocks from the opposing WR's hands
Greer - 1
Porter - 1

should it be a total of 2?

I do what I can. And I'm always on the lookout for other "stats" to count so if anyone ever has any suggestions, lay them on me.

Is there a stat for this?

09000d5d8138219d_gallery_600.jpg

I disagree about the no BS calls, refs were putrid and it seemed like every halfway decent call was just a makeup for a call they screwed up earlier in the game. Cool writup though brother, we decimated the gmen. March on Who Dats!

I disagree about the no BS calls, refs were putrid and it seemed like every halfway decent call was just a makeup for a call they screwed up earlier in the game. Cool writup though brother, we decimated the gmen. March on Who Dats!

I didn't really see any. The Vilma call was correct (though it sucked), they could've easily called Meachem's catch-and-fumble an incompletion, and most of the penalties were obvious calls. What do you think they missed?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom