Tie Breaking for playoffs have changed... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers

"Common opponents will now be the third tiebreaker within a division after head-to-head games and division record because each of the four teams will have 14 common games in the 16-game schedule. The owners also moved the strength-of-victory tiebreaker ahead of the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker."

Interesting change...

hmmm and I was all psyched about our conference record and not so worried about losing to the AFC North

hmmm and I was all psyched about our conference record and not so worried about losing to the AFC North

True... but if we beat CAR at the end of the season it won't matter... because of head-to-head games and division record being fist and second.

yeah good thing it's only for divisional apponents... don't think it's for divisional seeding purpose's

I don't think this will be relevent this year. Even if the Panthers and Saints win until the matchup on the 31st, it's a division game. Losing that game would give the edge to the Panthers in head to head and division record.
It's possible, but I can't come up with a scenario.
Regardless, it's going to take a solid mistake free play for the last 5.
That said, I'm still rooting for the Panthers to have a bad December. :D

that's only the divisional tiebreaker...for wildcards the conference record is still the first tiebreaker (except for head to head if it's applicable)

Which... this rule doesn't affect us now that i think about it. we're 4-1 in division so if we beat carolina then we are 5-1 in division and win the division tiebreaker b/c they would have 2 division losses, if we lose to carolina then we are swept by em and lose tie-breaker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom