Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
LSU goes the way of Boise State...

Tiger Stadium to Feature Purple Field Turf in '10
Updated: April 01, 2010, 04:36 p.m. (CT)
by T. Michael Angelo, Deputy Assistant Special Correspondent
BATON ROUGE -- With the National L Club Spring game complete, the LSU Athletic Department has begun preparations to install purple field turf in historic Tiger Stadium in time for the 2010 home opener against Mississippi State.

"It's now time to expand the traditions that surround our football program," LSU head coach Les Miles said. "LSU is going to take the lead in what we think will become the wave of the future and that's field turf in the colors of your school. The installation of the purple field turf will add to the excitement of a Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium and this team will enjoy the opportunity to play on what will be the finest surface in football."

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204919830

it fooled me when i first saw it when someone posted it on facebook. but now, looking at your post, the article is actually from the future. "april 1st, 4:36 PM"

That Bose State field still looks horrible to me that blue turf is just horrific to look at would hate see a purple turf in BR....

I hate that blue turf. I won't watch any games that are being played there if Boise State is also wearing their blue uniforms; you simply CANNOT SEE the players very well. I'm amazed that the NCAA hasn't done anything about it...surely it has to be tough on the opposing team when the home team's uniforms blend in with the field. Frankly I'd say that either you change the turf or wear white jerseys at home. It's really tough to watch a game on tv when Boise is wearing blue at home.

I hate that blue turf. I won't watch any games that are being played there if Boise State is also wearing their blue uniforms; you simply CANNOT SEE the players very well. I'm amazed that the NCAA hasn't done anything about it...surely it has to be tough on the opposing team when the home team's uniforms blend in with the field. Frankly I'd say that either you change the turf or wear white jerseys at home. It's really tough to watch a game on tv when Boise is wearing blue at home.

One of the reasons they wear blue on blue is the visual problems it gives opposing teams. I think NCAA has done something about it, but had to grandfather Boise in and let the turf remain. IIRC the blue turf has been in Boise for over 20 years. I think I read somewhere that a lawyer came up with that if NCAA forced Boise to wear blue, they would also have to force certain teams with green to change their uniforms while playing on green field.

Love or hate it though, its been a great marketing tool. Show any photo of someone playing on blue turf and 90% of sports fans will automatically know what school it is.

Purple turf? I want like it if its permanent, grass should be grass, whats next orange footballs, gold footballs, purple footballs???? Be nice for special occasions but that's it.

I welcome the idea. It's obvious LSU is not the only college entertaining the idea. We want to be on the for-front. Its funny to see how quick people are to oppose the idea. Give it a chance and watch how popular this becomes.

exactly!

Remember when they outlawed wearing colored gloves so that they can detect holding calls? yeah....

This is lame and it sounds gimmicky. Keep the grass green and just play some better football.

umm.... time and date of original post..

post_old.gif
04-01-2010, 03:18 AM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom