Tiger Woods and Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

A sign for Drew Brees ?
Give me a break šŸ˜‚
Certainly I don't think this a incident will be the one deciding factor on Drew's retirement decision, but it might be a confirming one. I'll bet he even mentions it in his retirement press conference, maybe not the statement itself but in an answer to a question from a reporter as to why now.

Certainly I don't think this a incident will be the one deciding factor on Drew's retirement decision, but it might be a confirming one. I'll bet he even mentions it in his retirement press conference, maybe not the statement itself but in an answer to a question from a reporter as to why now.
Well we know Drew is not ā€˜retiringā€™ per se
Heā€™s already signed on as a commentator- so heā€™ll be traveling just as much if not more

Tiger Woods was on his way to meet up with Brees and Herbert. Sounds like either Brees is training or doing some coaching/mentoring with some young QBs. Yeah, I can see Brees coming back next year.

Tiger Woods was on his way to meet up with Brees and Herbert. Sounds like either Brees is training or doing some coaching/mentoring with some young QBs. Yeah, I can see Brees coming back next year.

Kudos to Drew for mentoring the new guys, Justin Herbert. I read about that, and I thought that it was awesome. šŸ‘šŸˆ

Unfortunately, it sounds like Tiger has a tough road ahead to recovery. Joe Theismann was on TV talking about his injury, Alex Smithā€™s injury & Tigerā€™s injury. Lots of Physical Therapy in the future.

An Orthopedic Surgeon just said that the most emergent part of Tigerā€™s injury was the Compartment Syndrome, due to the swelling which causes tissue to die if they donā€™t treat it quickly. Tiger will have to have another surgery to close up whatever they had to cut, to relieve the pressure of the swelling.

Tiger is lucky šŸ€ to be alive, to enjoy his beautiful kids, for one more day. The seatbelt might have saved his life.

Drew was/is actually doing a big signing thing at his house signing merchandise and stuff not sure if that why tiger and others were going

Why? Tomorrow is never promised. Once a person achieves greatness at their profession, generational wealth, and still have great physical health, what is left to accomplish? Drew has a ring, his name will be in the record books for awhile, he uplifted an entire state after Katrina, helped make a once snake bitten joke of a team into a perennial contender, and he is a savvy businessman. Why shouldnā€™t he want to spend more time with his family? He can literally transition into a new era of his life and have zero regrets. As fans, we donā€™t fully understand the grind of playing in the NFL. These guys are away from their families a lot.

Totally agree! šŸ‘šŸˆ

However, it seems that competitive athletic determination overrules logical thinking sometimes. TB12 will play until his legs fall off, because ā€œI donā€™t know what else to do.ā€ šŸ˜†šŸ˜³

Tiger was filming a behind the scenes episode for Discovery where he helps celebrities with their golf game. Brees & Herbert were who he was scheduled to work with yesterday. Had nothing to do with Brees mentoring Herbert or Tiger just going to hang out with Drew. Nothing against that, but so much speculation.

Why? Tomorrow is never promised. Once a person achieves greatness at their profession, generational wealth, and still have great physical health, what is left to accomplish? Drew has a ring, his name will be in the record books for awhile, he uplifted an entire state after Katrina, helped make a once snake bitten joke of a team into a perennial contender, and he is a savvy businessman. Why shouldnā€™t he want to spend more time with his family? He can literally transition into a new era of his life and have zero regrets. As fans, we donā€™t fully understand the grind of playing in the NFL. These guys are away from their families a lot.

Still doesn't make sense that a car accident needs to be taken as a "sign" for anything.

Itā€™s not for everyone to understand. If you canā€™t connect the two, thatā€™s fine @SystemShock

Oh, I can "connect" many things to this:
... a sign one shouldn't drive.
... a sign one shouldn't drive Genesis SUVs.
... a sign one shouldn't drive in California.
... a sign one shouldn't play golf with amateurs.
... a sign one shouldn't be doing photoshoots for GolfTV.
... a sign one never should be late.

If you want, you can connect any event to anything and call it a "sign".

But to each their own.

But to each their own.
In the words of Michael Thomas ā€œHe donā€™t know no betterā€.

Kudos to Drew for mentoring the new guys, Justin Herbert. I read about that, and I thought that it was awesome. šŸ‘šŸˆ

Unfortunately, it sounds like Tiger has a tough road ahead to recovery. Joe Theismann was on TV talking about his injury, Alex Smithā€™s injury & Tigerā€™s injury. Lots of Physical Therapy in the future.

An Orthopedic Surgeon just said that the most emergent part of Tigerā€™s injury was the Compartment Syndrome, due to the swelling which causes tissue to die if they donā€™t treat it quickly. Tiger will have to have another surgery to close up whatever they had to cut, to relieve the pressure of the swelling.

Tiger is lucky šŸ€ to be alive, to enjoy his beautiful kids, for one more day. The seatbelt might have saved his life.
I think the severity, the more numerous injuries, be it fractures, crushed ligaments in his IIIRC, right leg almost cost him him that leg due to the compartment syndrome blocking off blood flow to his arteries in that injured leg beneath the compound stress fracture, these injuries are much more intense and could likely effect the long-term future of Tiger Woods' career as a pro golfer in terms of him regaining that physical, emotional or psychological edge great, legendary golfers (and sports legends, in general) bring to their games, then what Alex Smith endured over 2 years ago.

Honestly, for those who watched the vividly graphic E:60 documentary on Alex Smith's initial injury, painful and agonizing recovery and the step-by-step process all along the way Stephania Bell meticulously detailed in her reports, a lot of that couldve conceivably been avoided if doctors had taken better notice or been more proactive in preventing Smith from developing septicema, outside bacterial agents that infected his leg, threatened to stop the blood flow to his right leg, and nearly cost him his life and then his leg.

I would suspect, at some point, Tiger Woods might try an get in touch with Alex Smith and get some practical, inspirational advice from a man who's now being seen as the guy who proved you can come back to playing a high-risk, collision sports after the most horrific, life-threatening of injuries.

But to each their own.
System, I know you're not a religious person, but I think we can both agree that Tiger Woods surviving this horrific, violent, brutal car accident was a miracle especially since many in the past haven't and God forbid, some may not survive similar wrecks in the future. We can both agree him surviving was a miracle, in a figurative sense, although the word or expression generally was originally derived and some still see it derived from a religious connotation.

I suppose being lucky, in some major circumstances, is sort of seen as a similar correlation or expression, to a miracle.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom