Tiger Woods and New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Poppy

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
There has been a rumor the past few years that Tiger Woods would never come to new Orleans to play in a golf event. I've head various stories that our lovely politicians were responsible for this. Anyone have any info on this?

Here is news for you. Tiger doesn't play in every event. Tiger has been consistent he which events he plays every year. The PGA in New Orleans doesn't carry any prestige. How many players skip the PGA when it comes through New Orleans? Tiger isn't the only one.

Perhaps the Fuzzy Z. comments?:hihi:

It's a shame because I would like to see him in person at the Zurich or whatever they changed the name to.

I may be wrong, but I believe it has something to do with the way he was treated by a former mayor when he was trying to have a Junior Golf Clinic in New Orleans.

i really have heard that Morial did something that made him hate New Orleans (which is no big surprise to me as the bureaucracy/corruption here seems to turn most people off).

It all had to do with the FORE KIDS FOUNDATION...Tiger was here doing a clinic for the underpriveledged kids and the politicians were bringing their own kids...just so they could see Tiger...he didn't like the fact that they used their political clout to take advantage of what he was trying to do for the underprivaledged kids...so he's holding out on doing a tournament here....

It all had to do with the FORE KIDS FOUNDATION...Tiger was here doing a clinic for the underpriveledged kids and the politicians were bringing their own kids...just so they could see Tiger...he didn't like the fact that they used their political clout to take advantage of what he was trying to do for the underprivaledged kids...so he's holding out on doing a tournament here....

That's so Louisiana.

You could probably get tiger to come play here but it would take many prominent people working together for a long time. Every year I go to a few tournaments in which tiger plays in and they all make the zurich look like a minor league event. Tiger does't just choose a tournament based on a city but more importantly the course. I just can't see this course ever drawing his interest. If you want to see tiger my suggestion is buy some tickets to the players championship and you will find out what were up against. I would really like to see this tournament blossom into a top tier tournament but I just don't see it ever happening. There are just to many far superior courses on tour in my opinion.

So unfortunate. Maybe a letter writing campain would help.

I may be wrong, but I believe it has something to do with the way he was treated by a former mayor when he was trying to have a Junior Golf Clinic in New Orleans.

What I heard was...

Every city Tiger plays an event in has a junior golf clinic for inner city kids. Morial apparently tried to shake down the Tiger Woods foundation by charging them all sorts of fees for using City Park's facilities.

Tiger said no, and that he'd never come back here.

What I heard was...

Every city Tiger plays an event in has a junior golf clinic for inner city kids. Morial apparently tried to shake down the Tiger Woods foundation by charging them all sorts of fees for using City Park's facilities.

That's pretty much what I heard as well.

What I heard was...

IMO this makes Tiger look bad - i mean your doing something for kids which is great but letting a politician (one who no longer "servers' the city) take that away from kids out nothing but spite seems petty to me - at least give the new administration the benefit of the doubt - or just say to heck with th kids its about ME and be done with it.

I know this really doesnt reflect the exact topic of this discussion, but have any of you've seen photos of Tiger's house..... Talk about wow:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ages?q=Tiger+Woods+house&gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off

That's not Tiger's house.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/tigerwoods.asp

In fact, the link you provided has comments at the bottom that even says it's not his house, and has the link to snopes proving that. Do you even read the links you post here?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom