Tiger Woods involved in car accident, in surgery with 'multiple leg injuries' (1 Viewer)

Just for some context, Woods was apparently staying at the Terrenea resort, where i attended a friend’s wedding circa ten yrs ago when it had just opened.. it has spectacular views on a cliffside, and that whole area - Rolling Hills, Rancho Palos Verdes (RPV), is only about a 45 min drive from Hollywood, but might as well be a world away- it has a totally different feel, and is much more Orange County-like.

Also, if i’m not mistaken, it’s the same area where tennis great Pete Sampras grew up.
I see what you're saying. It's Pete's fault.

Actually, it is Pete’s............. wait for it.............................. DOUBLE FAULT

#BeHereAllWeek
#DontForgetToTipYourWaitress
As long as most people give good tips for good, swift, efficient service to waitresses in the food services industries--be it at Outback or Longhorn steak houses, IHOP's/Waffle House bankcakes and waffles joints, or the very hard-working, dutiful, mostly conscientious baristas, cooks, drive-thru on-site delivery at Starbucks, waiters and waitresses deserve our support.

BTW, isn't Pete Sampras married to a former actress who starred on Sonya Blade in 1995's Mortal Kombat, in fact I think she also started as an elementary school teacher in Adam Sandler's now-cult classic Happy Gilmore or was it Billy Madison?

As long as most people give good tips for good, swift, efficient service to waitresses in the food services industries--be it at Outback or Longhorn steak houses, IHOP's/Waffle House bankcakes and waffles joints, or the very hard-working, dutiful, mostly conscientious baristas, cooks, drive-thru on-site delivery at Starbucks, waiters and waitresses deserve our support.

BTW, isn't Pete Sampras married to a former actress who starred on Sonya Blade in 1995's Mortal Kombat, in fact I think she also started as an elementary school teacher in Adam Sandler's now-cult classic Happy Gilmore or was it Billy Madison?
She was also engaged to Matthew McConaughey in The Wedding Planner

I was referring to the last sentence in Dr. Mahajan's statement above, here he actually mentions compartment syndrome in this article as well...

Definitely very serious - seems like his main goal right now is just to be able to mobile again, forget about golf for the moment.

Sounds like the car's safety features were especially helpful:

The car he was driving also featured an all-new safety platform, an executive for the automaker said in a statement to CNN.

The safety features of the Genesis GV80 include a strong focus on "passenger compartment protection/reinforcement areas," said Dana White, Chief Communications Officer for Genesis Motor North America. "This includes the use of advanced high strength steel for rigidity and safety."

The vehicle was equipped with 10 standard airbags, including a "center-side airbag unique to Genesis that deploys between the front seats," according to White.
While the exterior of the vehicle was mangled in the crash, the interior damage was such that Woods could survive.

"We have seen accidents with far less obvious (damage) that are fatalities," Villanueva told CNN.

Well I guess this all but seals the Golden Bears Major win record. 10 years ago everyone thought that Tiger would fly by his record like it was nothing but getting three more looked doubtful even before this. I hope he returns to full health. Much like Tyson, we won’t see another peak of a career like his in our lifetime.

hopefully someone else will drive

You got that right! 👍🇺🇸

This is Tiger’s 3rd car accident......GET A DRIVER!!!

Tiger’s brains were rolled over & over & over, and he has no recall of the accident. It is a miracle that he lived to enjoy his beautiful kids for one more day.

There have been 13 accidents on that stretch of road, since January 2020. FINALLY, after Tiger’s involvement on the dangerous patch of road, some road engineers are going to investigate......about time!!!😡

Wait, does this mean he has some sort of TBI? I thought it was just physical, leg stuff that was broken.

Not necessarily. Some people black out when the body is going through some type of trauma or tragedy. It's possible he did have some form of TBI, but I think we'd have heard that by now.

Well I guess this all but seals the Golden Bears Major win record. 10 years ago everyone thought that Tiger would fly by his record like it was nothing but getting three more looked doubtful even before this. I hope he returns to full health. Much like Tyson, we won’t see another peak of a career like his in our lifetime.
Yeah, husband is a huge Jack fan. We already had this conversation sadly. But I hate comparing them. Two totally different eras.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom