Tiki Barber's last home game (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well hes went well over 100 yards recieving and running in all but 1 of their last 6 games. They are 1-5 over that span.

These "were 5-2 or whatever if our RB goes over 100 yards" are so totally skewed and overrated. Of course when you win your RB usually goes over 100 yards. Deuce gets most of his yards in the 4th quater when we win, its no different for any other back. The running back going over 100 yards is almost never the reason a team wins or loses. Its such a large combination of things.

I have no doubt in my mind really that Tiki is going to go over 100 yards this weekend.

Nor mine..... And I have no doubt the Giants will be 5-3 after they lose........

That was my point. Don't look at that stat to hard and say "well if he gets 100 yards its over"....because its an overrated often skewed stat.

He'll get his yards and at the very least between him and Jacobs they will have at least 150 yards rushing.

But if you give Eli hell, it won't matter and we'll dominate them.

I'd be surprised if we keep Barber under 100. What's more important, I think, is the turnover ratio. We need to play smart and hold onto the ball. And it would be really really sweet if the D could find a way to get a couple of turnovers. Eli's prone to throwing pics. Our offense also has to start fast. If we can stay ahead, it will be harder for the Giants to run the ball. They'll want to pass more to catch up.

That was my point. Don't look at that stat to hard and say "well if he gets 100 yards its over"....because its an overrated often skewed stat.

He'll get his yards and at the very least between him and Jacobs they will have at least 150 yards rushing.

But if you give Eli hell, it won't matter and we'll dominate them.

This sucks, but its true. If the defense holds him to 2.5 0r 3 yd average which is skewed by the usual 70 yd run we will be ok. I think we stack up better against Jacobs, as we are deficient against speed, cutbacks, and stretch plays. By default we will have numbers in position verses the big guy.

I'd be surprised if we keep Barber under 100. What's more important, I think, is the turnover ratio. We need to play smart and hold onto the ball. And it would be really really sweet if the D could find a way to get a couple of turnovers. Eli's prone to throwing pics. Our offense also has to start fast. If we can stay ahead, it will be harder for the Giants to run the ball. They'll want to pass more to catch up.

Agreed, but who scares me is Shockey. I cringe at the thoght of any of our LB's covering him.

He can have 200 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving as long as the G-Men are 5-3 when he goes over 100 yards after this weekend...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom