TIL - A Saints Related Tidbit (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I know there is a 'Today I Learned' thread on the EE board, but since this involved a former Saints player it seemed best to post this one here.

TIL - Former Saints linebacker Alex Anzalone who is now a member of the Detroit Lions is one of only two players on that team who hasn't missed a defensive snap in 2021. While I certainly wish the guy well it does make me wonder what has made the difference in his being able to stay healthy in The Motor City. Is there something the Saints are doing that is making it harder for players to maintain their health? Or has he just managed to stay out of harm's way so far at the hazardous linebacker position?

It sure seems like he made the right move for himself not only by having a more lucrative contract, but by finding a way to keep himself on the field to help his team. If Campbell can get the Lions turned around soon, no doubt he will be especially pleased with his employment decision.

For reference: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/11-recent-saints-departures-playing-185744992.html

He may be healthy, but he’s being targeted and picked on. Basically every game so far for the lions has been a repeat of his play against the Bucs in the playoffs.

Need a first down? Throw his way.

He may be healthy, but he’s being targeted and picked on. Basically every game so far for the lions has been a repeat of his play against the Bucs in the playoffs.

Need a first down? Throw his way.
There’s the answer. Just avoid traffic. He is on a very long list of underachievers picked by us at that spot. Hope Werner continues to buck the trend but since we drafted Swilling, it’s seemed far more fruitful for us to seek them in FA.

Good thread and good Q’s Bill.
Here’s what we need to know…..has he made a tackle this season? That’s when he hurts his shoulder. He may be ok up there as he has a knack for never making tackles.

Anzalone was healthy last year; he just didn't play that well. Werner as a rookie is already so much better. Just watch how Werner attacks the flats, doesn't get washed out by blockers, fights his way through the trash, breaks down and makes textbook tackles, covers RBs and TEs like a blanket. Then go watch what Anzalone's doing for Detroit.

Anzalone was healthy last year; he just didn't play that well. Werner as a rookie is already so much better. Just watch how Werner attacks the flats, doesn't get washed out by blockers, fights his way through the trash, breaks down and makes textbook tackles, covers RBs and TEs like a blanket. Then go watch what Anzalone's doing for Detroit.
Yes, Baldinger showed as much in one of the videos he featured on Werner. Hopefully Werner can get bigger & stronger and continue to use his good instincts to excel at the position! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom