TIL: Today I Learned... (3 Viewers)

There is such a thing as a zorse

2fb5d2dd211862bb6bb1da4977e36335.jpg

ZebraHorseEPA_600x517.jpg

46890_max.jpg

Not to get too deep, but TIL that there is another Revelations written by Peter, in which among other things, God tells him that eventually God will even bring everyone sent to hell into heaven, but God also tells Peter not to tell anyone that, because he thought it would make the sinners sin even more. This writing has been excluded from the bible and is one of many books that were arbitrarily left out. I started on a rabbit hole read of the Council of Nicea, which lead me into a lot of areas.
Not sure if you like to read Spy/American James Bond type novels, I just finished reading "The Malta Exchange" by Steve Berry. It's part of the Cotton Malone series. A good portion of the plotline is centered around the Council of Nicea and the what's and why's. Of course the book is fiction, but it gives an interesting view of the history and developments. That's part of why I read Berry's books, they are all centered around some historical conspiracy theory and at the end of the book, he goes into what in the book was fact, what was made up, and what still remains unknown.

Just thought I'd share.

TIL that these two versions are the same Hal David-Burt Bacharach song :

Bryant Pond in Woodstock, Maine was known as having the last manual magneto (hand-crank) telephone exchange in America. The family-owned Bryant Pond Telephone Company was operated from a two-position magneto switchboard in the living room of owners Barbara and Elden Hathaway. In 1981 the company was purchased by the Oxford County Telephone & Telegraph Company, a nearby larger independent company, and automatic service was provided in 1983.

Time to reminisce a little

As a young boy in a time after dinosaurs but before the internet me and my friends had access to one of those hand cranked magnetos from an old wooden phone. We connected coathangers surprise-borrowed from our moms and bent straight to the crank boxes electrodes and put em in the ground and called worms up out of their beds to go fishing with it We tried to do likewise to fish too but no luck, Mostly shocked boys not fish that way. We also electrified parts of barb wire fences to torture one another. One of us would crank like mad while the others egged eachother on to grab the fence and hold on as long as possible. Which wasn't very long at all but each did it ten or more times. Seems like it didn't burn and make your forearms and toes ache as bad when several grabbed the fence at once.
I remember our unwise shenanigans fondly somehow so many years later. And I'm pretty sure I know why we did stupid "fun" stunts like that too, 1st because electricity, like magnets, fireworks,and angry pinching crawdads is irresistibly cool to play with, but mostly because we were 7 to 10 year old boys. And boys get dumber and bolder in groups. 1 boy one brain 2 boys half a brain, three boys no brains whatsoever, and there were at least 5 or six of us shocking the spit out of eachother and various bugs and things that summer until some adult finally felt sorry enough for us to confiscate our telephone magneto and point us toward a slip n slide or lawn darts or something.

Bryant Pond in Woodstock, Maine was known as having the last manual magneto (hand-crank) telephone exchange in America. The family-owned Bryant Pond Telephone Company was operated from a two-position magneto switchboard in the living room of owners Barbara and Elden Hathaway. In 1981 the company was purchased by the Oxford County Telephone & Telegraph Company, a nearby larger independent company, and automatic service was provided in 1983.

Time to reminisce a little

As a young boy in a time after dinosaurs but before the internet me and my friends had access to one of those hand cranked magnetos from an old wooden phone. We connected coathangers surprise-borrowed from our moms and bent straight to the crank boxes electrodes and put em in the ground and called worms up out of their beds to go fishing with it We tried to do likewise to fish too but no luck, Mostly shocked boys not fish that way. We also electrified parts of barb wire fences to torture one another. One of us would crank like mad while the others egged eachother on to grab the fence and hold on as long as possible. Which wasn't very long at all but each did it ten or more times. Seems like it didn't burn and make your forearms and toes ache as bad when several grabbed the fence at once.
I remember our unwise shenanigans fondly somehow so many years later. And I'm pretty sure I know why we did stupid "fun" stunts like that too, 1st because electricity, like magnets, fireworks,and angry pinching crawdads is irresistibly cool to play with, but mostly because we were 7 to 10 year old boys. And boys get dumber and bolder in groups. 1 boy one brain 2 boys half a brain, three boys no brains whatsoever, and there were at least 5 or six of us shocking the spit out of eachother and various bugs and things that summer until some adult finally felt sorry enough for us to confiscate our telephone magneto and point us toward a slip n slide or lawn darts or something.

I knew you were an idiot just like me.

No lie. This was my Dad's favorite thing to call me.

Who are you? We may be related.

Just some old porky dude who likes the Saints I guess. Nobody you heard of. Ive never been invited to a royal ball or asked to help a team of clever scientists trying to figure out a sticky problem that the stars or the atoms wuz having. Im more used to cold cheap beer and pool tables that eat quarters and need new rails

...had access to one of those hand cranked magnetos from an old wooden phone.

TIL someone calling himself mikaloyd has been stalking me. :covri: Just days ago someone IRL, no electronics involved, told me about using one of those phones in much the same manner. Random? Not random? ? Yikes.

:smilielol:

TIL someone calling himself mikaloyd has been stalking me. :covri: Just days ago someone IRL, no electronics involved, told me about using one of those phones in much the same manner. Random? Not random? ? Yikes.

:smilielol:
Twerent me this time !:sick:

today i learned that i forgot why i hate going to see movies on the weekends.

forking butt crevasse rednecks next to me needed to Please stop!.

i was warned because i said Please stop! a little too loud and the whoever whatever usher person warned me. i was also a little loud in saying to the guy, why are you talking to me instead of those assclowns. confrontation is apparently frowned upon.

i mean come on, i only had 3 doubles of jameson, so i was sober. if i didn't already know most of the people who work there, i would have been kicked out. what kind of bullshirt is that?

oh and i difficulty in not speaking before thinking.

today i learned that i forgot why i hate going to see movies on the weekends.

forking butt crevasse rednecks next to me needed to Please stop!.

i was warned because i said Please stop! a little too loud and the whoever whatever usher person warned me. i was also a little loud in saying to the guy, why are you talking to me instead of those assclowns. confrontation is apparently frowned upon.

i mean come on, i only had 3 doubles of jameson, so i was sober. if i didn't already know most of the people who work there, i would have been kicked out. what kind of bullshirt is that?

oh and i difficulty in not speaking before thinking.

I'm sensing you are in for a rough night.

And a worse morning.

I can't say anything though. There's been a "Tear in my Beer" today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom