TIL: Today I Learned... (1 Viewer)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Sometimes you just learn something strange you'd like to share but there is no good place.

TIL: The subreddit /r/marijuanaenthusiasts is actually about trees, dendrology and getting trees identified from pictures. It has this name becase /r/trees was already taken by marijuana enthusiasts who didn't want to give up the name.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wal mart does as well.

Is that, like, common knowledge? I’m wondering if I’m the last person to find out about big box/warehouse stores carrying caskets.. Seems morbid to me, though i do realize that death is a fact of life, and heck, i guess if i were to bite the dust, i wouldnt want my family to get price-gouged on a pine box for me... Fortunately I haven’t had the occasion to go casket shopping (knock wood) for any family members, but noice to know there are discounts to be had!

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Wal mart does as well.
I do as well. But only take orders from people I don't care for so their coffin can just be the pine box they deserve. That's my top of the line casket.

/sarcasm (if that was really necessary.)

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
TIL...

Apparently things that occur or decisions made "at the end of the day" seem to have much more significance than events occurring during the beginning of the day, or other parts of the day, in general (other than the end of the day). Why is that?

The Nomad

RESIST
Reaction score
TIL...

Apparently things that occur or decisions made "at the end of the day" seem to have much more significance than events occurring during the beginning of the day, or other parts of the day, in general (other than the end of the day). Why is that?
Because it weighs on you until the next day.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
But the implication is that one must consider the options and make a decision or deal with the consequences of a scenario based on " the end of the day".

If my A/C conks out at 2:00 am, should I have to wait until the end of the day to decide whether to repair it or replace it? Is my decision less important or insightful if I choose to make it at 9:30am? This whole premise seems highly inefficient.

Reaction score
Is that, like, common knowledge? I’m wondering if I’m the last person to find out about big box/warehouse stores carrying caskets.. Seems morbid to me, though i do realize that death is a fact of life, and heck, i guess if i were to bite the dust, i wouldnt want my family to get price-gouged on a pine box for me... Fortunately I haven’t had the occasion to go casket shopping (knock wood) for any family members, but noice to know there are discounts to be had!
Unless they changed the laws, it doesn't matter. You cannot buy a casket in La except from a funeral home last I checked. There was some discussion about it being a way to squash an order of Monks who were building and selling them under cutting the funeral homes.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Unless they changed the laws, it doesn't matter. You cannot buy a casket in La except from a funeral home last I checked. There was some discussion about it being a way to squash an order of Monks who were building and selling them under cutting the funeral homes.
Well that's horse caca!

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
TIL (well, during the VP sweepstakes) that Delaware is the only state with no commercial flights. (Frontier has had service in the past, and is/was to resume in 2020).
United used to have all of two puddle jumper flights in and out of the commercial airport in Wilmington a couple of years ago.

Problem is that the Philly airport is probably easier to get to from downtown Wilmington.....

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
TIL.. or rather figured out last week...

That this guy

and this guy

Are the same...

I can;t believe that after all these years that I never made the connection.. It took a post on SR.com for that to happen...

Living under a rock I guess.
One of those movies is a lot better than the other one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom