TIL: Today I Learned... (2 Viewers)

Taking a bite out of a fresh piece of ginger "to see what it tastes like," is ill-advised.

It's like rubbing your eye while eating crawfish.

I went to hell and back in one bite.

I'm positive I ended the day with fewer taste buds than when I woke up.
You might want to steer clear of the wiki page on figging.

TIL:
Rental cars are expensive because Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc franchises sold off much of their fleets last year during Covid. The rationale was that everyone was going to die, so they unloaded their inventory. As a result, many on vacation in Hawaii are driving U-Hauls as rental vehicles.

U-Haul dealers did not sell off their inventory. Their corporate structure is different.

I rented a U-Haul van this weekend to bring our son back from college. 19.99/day sounds reasonable but I've got to put gas in it and pay $.80/mile on the 240-mile roundtrip. Looking at about $300 when all is said and done.

TIL:
Rental cars are expensive because Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc franchises sold off much of their fleets last year during Covid. The rationale was that everyone was going to die, so they unloaded their inventory. As a result, many on vacation in Hawaii are driving U-Hauls as rental vehicles.

U-Haul dealers did not sell off their inventory. Their corporate structure is different.

I rented a U-Haul van this weekend to bring our son back from college. 19.99/day sounds reasonable but I've got to put gas in it and pay $.80/mile on the 240-mile roundtrip. Looking at about $300 when all is said and done.
Also many people are renting cars to drive for Uber/Lyft

Also many people are renting cars to drive for Uber/Lyft
They wanted 89.99/day for a garden-variety Camry. I'm going to the wedding of a friend of mine's daughter next month.

Ima rent me this for a day. A Porsche 718 Cayman with standard shift. I need some exhilaration. It's available on Turo, the Air B&B for cars. 228/day but I once paid 480.00 to drive a NASCAR for 24 laps, and it was worth Every. Damn. Cent.

Can't even take it to the wedding because consuming alcohol is forbidden while renting this car. I'll pick it up the prior day, have a blast, then return it before the wedding.
1620391541275.png

They wanted 89.99/day for a garden-variety Camry. I'm going to the wedding of a friend of mine's daughter next month.

Ima rent me this for a day. A Porsche 718 Cayman with standard shift. I need some exhilaration. It's available on Turo, the Air B&B for cars. 228/day but I once paid 480.00 to drive a NASCAR for 24 laps, and it was worth Every. Damn. Cent.

Can't even take it to the wedding because consuming alcohol is forbidden while renting this car. I'll pick it up the prior day, have a blast, then return it before the wedding.
1620391541275.png
a neighbour of mine has a cayman gts. not sure who. rarely does it move. i so want to steal it, yet, it is silver. forking silver. i already own a silver car, only out of desperation of wanting it, car, not colour.

silver =/= jail time

also, wtf are standard transmissions becoming obsolete? do people prefer their phones thattttt much? i mean, fork it. at least massage something while driving.

1620391541275.png
my father was adopted, so i have no idea what the lineage is meaning i have no idea what happened to my car enthusiast gene, but your scenario has zero appeal to me
make it a motorcycle, moped, horse, bike, train, dirigible, et al i'd be all about it
make it a car and i'm all:sleep:

my father was adopted, so i have no idea what the lineage is meaning i have no idea what happened to my car enthusiast gene, but your scenario has zero appeal to me
make it a motorcycle, moped, horse, bike, train, dirigible, et al i'd be all about it
make it a car and i'm all:sleep:
nerd.

1620391541275.png
Actually wound up getting this. 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium. Better performance, lower price, and 300 free miles
1620414138247.png

Edit: This is a picture of the actual car I've rented. It's not a stock photo :)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom