TIL: Today I Learned... (4 Viewers)

not any world with #8 shot

and then you make a roux
My best friends dad told me when he was working his cornfield they'd fly just out of range of a shotgun. Scarecrows
placed in the field had no affect. The article is correct,these birds are very smart.

Cell phone while using swype.. Look, i finally broke down and made my first eye appoint the other day (appt is next week). Honestly, this will be the first one i have ever made. but at 47, i guess its finally time.... but i am still in denial.
Welcome to the world of reading glasses. 10 years ago I went for my eye exam and the ophthalmologist says "Do you find yourself holding things at a distance so you can read easier?" "Yes, as a matter of fact I do"

"Well, that's not going to get any better" :hihi:

I buy readers by the six-pack and scatter them everywhere.

Welcome to the world of reading glasses. 10 years ago I went for my eye exam and the ophthalmologist says "Do you find yourself holding things at a distance so you can read easier?" "Yes, as a matter of fact I do"

Sure that Opthalmologist wasn’t talking about your significant other?

I ended up needing glasses. I needed Bifocals. long vision is perfect, short vision, mainly reading is not. Got the progressive lenses. I really only need them when I'm reading. But I know that if I don't wear them all the time, I'll never wear them when I need to. Especially since I use my phone so much. Taking some getting used to, but I'll live... Didn't want to go expensive in case they fell by the wayside, so i went to Vison 4 Less and got the 2 for $76 deal for progressive lenses, cheaper than if i used my insurance. If I wear them like I should, later on i may go get a better pair if need be.

I ended up needing glasses. I needed Bifocals. long vision is perfect, short vision, mainly reading is not. Got the progressive lenses. I really only need them when I'm reading. But I know that if I don't wear them all the time, I'll never wear them when I need to. Especially since I use my phone so much. Taking some getting used to, but I'll live... Didn't want to go expensive in case they fell by the wayside, so i went to Vison 4 Less and got the 2 for $76 deal for progressive lenses, cheaper than if i used my insurance. If I wear them like I should, later on i may go get a better pair if need be.
The toughest part about getting bifocals for the first time is learning how to walk again. I can't tell you how many times I almost broke my neck walking up steps and misjudging.

Any of you guys who have trouble reading try those new Vuity eye drops?

Any of you guys who have trouble reading try those new Vuity eye drops?
I have never heard of them. I need to look into it. I wonder if the eye doctor is just saw would prescibe this without having to do another appointment?

I have never heard of them. I need to look into it. I wonder if the eye doctor is just saw would prescibe this without having to do another appointment?

Here’s a big detailed review. Seems like they do work, but have limitations/drawbacks

I'm about to be in that boat. I've worn glasses for over 30 years for being nearsighted, and my prescription has generally been stable for over a decade, but I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna need reading glasses or bifocals to read anything within arms length. Getting old sucks!

The toughest part about getting bifocals for the first time is learning how to walk again. I can't tell you how many times I almost broke my neck walking up steps and misjudging.
Man this is the hard core truth. And welcome to age Big Daddy.

When I first got mine I had people at work asking if I was drunk. I wasn't, I just had trouble judging short distances when
I wore my glassess

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom