TIL: Today I Learned... (6 Viewers)

mine doesnt't and was told by the lab that tested me most don't

If yours does you are lucky. My hearing loss is self inflicted. I fired many a shotgun and rifle without ear protection.
I also listened to music on 11 during my younger days.

Last edited:

If yours does you are lucky. My hearing loss is self inflicted. I fired many a shotgun and rifle without ear protection.
TIL: that faceman didn't get the joke...

This is correct. I've worn hearing aids all my life, and until my current health plan which I started last year, hearing aids were never covered. And I've had some decent health benefits over the years. I've never understood why health plans didn't cover them. They're not cheap to buy or replace.

This is correct. I've worn hearing aids all my life, and until my current health plan which I started last year, hearing aids were never covered. And I've had some decent health benefits over the years. I've never understood why health plans didn't cover them. They're not cheap to buy or replace.
I have chochlear never damage. The hearing aid I need cost 10 grand. I can't write a check for that much

I have chochlear never damage. The hearing aid I need cost 10 grand. I can't write a check for that much
Cochlears are typically covered since it's a surgical procedure. Conventional hearing aids aren't covered. But 10k is crazy. The ones I've used are typically $1k to $2k. And that's for 1. I normally wear 1 but can wear 2 in a pinch. I don't like wearing 2 though because I get headaches and vertigo.

TIL that faceman was this guy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom